2015 Draft Grades

Spoiler Alert: I’m first. Figured I’d let you know that right ahead and let you decide if you want to read it anyway. I took what we gave up in order to get draft picks into account. As well as the one trade. I will include my favorite value pick for each person and the most questionable move for each person.

Here goes from worst to first:

Paul Miyake D+:
Always an interesting strategy to go QB heavy especially early on. Probably could have gotten winston in round 2. Gave up a tonnnn, some good drops, some really not good drops. I like the trade considering you were locked in on winston. Picked up a decent WR in stills and still got the man you wanted.
Best value pick: Jets D/ST expansion round 2. Should be solid d/st with corner additions.
Questionable move: Dropping Eli Manning and Victor Cruz. Forget the giants, there’s a new new york team to love. #NYJetsSuperBowlBound

Andrew Melton C-:
Gave up a good amount in order to accumulate picks, but gave up mostly the right players. Overall a so so draft with some decent picks and a lot of barely less than decent picks. Most picks were Cs, but given the minus for not making the greatest use of picks 4 and 5 of the rookie draft. Missed opportunity.
Best value pick: Matt Jones round 4 expansion draft. LOVE this pick! He was my 12th highest ranked (dynasty focus) running back and 9th highest rated rookie rb. Great pick! A+ for value!
Questionable move: Gordon over Gurley? Win now mode with picking Gordon doesn’t fit with the rest of the team. Would have been the right choice to take Gurley and wait.

Andrew Ventura C:
The going for good name strategy rarely works this well. Really good drops to get the picks so a plus for that. Not giving a bonus for the luck of benjamin being out the season and funchness’s value rising since that happened after the draft.
Best value pick: Christine Michael in the last round. A nice low risk high upside pick. The whole internet had a hard-on for him last couple seasons, worth the pick. Good value.
Quesitonable move: Picking based on name with no research at all.

Alex Johnson C:
Again a very average draft. Some good value picks, some bad value picks. Bias coming into play with loving mariota. Not a good thing.
Best value pick: David Johnson, round 3 rookie draft. My 7th rookie running back, picked as the 10th rookie running back. Good value!
Questionable move: Mariota round 1. Never a fan of taking a qb in the first round in any fantasy draft. Probably could have waited and even if he didn’t drop, wasn’t a necessary piece on your team.

Michael Stock C:
Is Sammie Coates available? NO. Is Sammi…NO. Went for good value picks to begin the draft and then went to handcuff mode, passing up some good value picks in order to get the handcuffs.
Best value pick: Amari Cooper round 1 rookie draft. Picked right where he should have been. Still good value.
Questionable move: Ronnie Hillman as a handcuff in round 4 expansion draft. He might be third string with montee ball there, so the handcuff isn’t even guaranteed. Plus passed on the likes of Matt Jones in order to get him.

Ian Charbonnet C+:
The first four picks were really good, last three? Try again.
Best value pick: Abdullah round 1 rookie draft. I had him going 7th or 8th and he dropped to tenth. Nice grab!
Questionable move: TEBOW TIME WAS OVER 2 YEARS AGO. NO. JUST. NO.

Chasen Rogers C+:
Placed above Ian Charbonnet just based on not picking tebow, good job. Same grade, but rated higher. Some really good value picks, took a couple risks I think will pass off.
Best value pick: Sam Bradford round 4 expansion draft. Big injury risk, of course, but if healthy he can be dominate. High value as the 26th spot on his roster.
Questionable move: Kicker in the 3rd round expansion draft?! No. JUST WAIT UNTIL THE LAST ROUND.

Jon Cook B-:
Went Wr heavy in the first couple rounds. I like that. WR have good dynasty value and you took Perriman a possible beast in the first round. Great drafting! Very solid, only 1 or 2 less than good value picks. Most picks were great value!
Best value pick: Tyler Eifer round 2 expansion draft. Needed a TE and Tyler has a huge ceiling. The floor is pretty low too, but that’s the case for basically every TE. Great value! Had him as the best TE in the draft!
Questionable move: Carson Palmer AND Garrett Grayson? Now has 5 QBs. Bortles, newton, stafford, palmer, and now grayson. I would have just picked one.

Garrett Hart A-:
Dropped the perfect people in order to achieve draft picks and used those picks wisely. Very good value all around. Impressive draft!
Best value pick: Kyle Rudolph Round 2 expansion draft. Needed another Te and rudolph has high upside. An injury risk, but worth the pick at this point in the draft. Love the value!
Questionable move: Andy Dalton, I guess? It’s not a bad pick, but not very much high upside. I honestly would have even preferred RG3 here, self proclaimed best qb in the league. Higher upside, and worth the risk this late in the draft.

Ian Amunrud A:
Was very prepared going into the draft, which helps a ton. Also got good the players he gave up for picks back. Giving up stills to jump up really paid off when Gurley dropped to the 2nd spot and that’s what pushes from an A- to an A. Very aggressive and looks to pay off!
Best value pick: Devante Parker at the 17th spot? Steal! Tons of rankings had him in the 5-8th range overall for rookies. I personally had him at 6th and the 4th rookie WR on my board. Great value at the 17th spot!
Questionable move: Stevie Johnson? A little bit of a risk and probably could have gotten a better value on someone else at this spot. But I wanted him going into the draft and that’s why i took him.

Draft grades
B Melton-respectable picks in both rookie and FA draft to address team needs at RB, WR
A Amunrud-picks in rookie/FA mix of players who will start and good stash picks
B- Stock Cooper is only player who could start now, but picks prepare you well to take advantage of RB injuries in the short term
B- Ventura Grade bumped up due to KB injury, otherwise C. Mostly stash picks with no immediate value for a bottom ranked team
B- Hart Not a fan of the Beasley/Dalton picks, but everything else looked good. A young QB pickup would’ve been nice considering Manning’s age
A- Cook Only questionable pick is Khiry, but that’s mainly due to KB’s injury and new need for a starting WR that unproven rookies might not fill (BP, DGB)
C Miyake Went high risk with early rookie picks, hopefully it pays off. FA picks just okay
A- Alex Unsure of Kearse pick, but the rest looks okay for a guy without standouts at any position
C+ Rogers FA draft went better than rookie draft, but largely due to picks made before you
A- Charbs Same as your assessment-solid draft except for Tebow gets a half grade lower.

I now remember why I dont participate in this website. It just makes me feel bad about myself.

2 Likes

One day he is pumped and the next day his friends bring him down.

Amen.

1 Like

At least Ian gave you the 4th best draft of the draft. Homeboy has a serious grading curve.

I agree with his rankings

Ian likes me! Woo! I will defend my Dalton pick by saying that I wanted a qb that’s fine with a good team around him and a low floor in case of injuries. Not looking to replace Manning yet with a young guy since I still have Romo. Maybe some year soon.

3 Likes

My system was to write everyone’s picks down. I then put a plus next to good value picks (in my mind) and a minus next to bad value picks. Everyone started at a C (average) I then bumped a third grade (- to even to plus) for every plus and then lowered a third grade for each minus. Then I either bumped or lowered based on what they gave up/the trade etc.

Tebow got two minuses. The only player to get more than one mark.

2 Likes