2017 Preseason Team Rankings

It’s that time of the year for me to make myself look like an idiot when I look back at these rankings and see that I was way off.

1. Ian Charbonnet:
    Holy cow this team’s starting lineup is not even fair. Matt Ryan/Dak Prescott, LeVeon Bell, LeSean McCoy, Julio Jones, T.Y Hilton, Michael Thomas, Devonta Freeman, Jordan Reed. Um no…I am not looking forward to playing against this team. Last year this team averaged over 120 points per week. Also…last year he had 2 top 6 QBs, 3 top 6 RBs, 4 top 9 WRs, 2 top 9 TEs, 2 top 10 D/STs. The only thing he’s missing is a top 10 Kicker…what an idiot for not having one of those. If it weren’t for my season last year and pretty much all my players having a down year at once, I would say that this team is unstoppable and would have no chance of not taking the league’s number 1 spot.

2. Ian Amunrud:
    Man last year sucked for this team. It seemed to always unperform and injuries brought it down as well. However, with that said, this team still got 4th in our league. I’m feeling a bounce back season. The key word for this team is DEPTH. It may be lacking top 5 players per position from last year, but it has 2 probably QB1s, 5 probable RB1/RB2s, 6 probable WR1/WR2s 2 probable TE1s. In order to get to this spot this team either needs a couple stars to jump it up a step or two or injuries to happen to the teams below it. I think that’s fairly likely, hence why this team is projected here.

3. Jon Cook:
    Last year Jon and the Ians were the consensus top 3, that stays the same in my mind. His RBs are not as strong as last year due to this offseason sucking for him in that manner. He went from having lacy and rawls on separate teams to having them on the same team. Jordan Howard is solid, but Ryan Mathew’s stock is way down as is Jeremy Hill’s. Spencer ware is now in a position battle with his new rookie RB hunt. He does have 2 of the most elite WRs of all fantasy time in OBJ and AB. If both those are healthy he could push for 2nd or maybe even 1st if Ian Charbonnet has like ten players injured. However if one or both of those players struggle with injuries, He could have a rough year…meaning 4th. This team is a lock for playoffs.

4. Michael Stock:
    This is by far the hardest spot for me to fill. These next teams are all very close to each other in my mind. This team gets the edge due to it’s WRs and having a top QB option in Russel Wilson. He had 4 of the top 15 WRs last year. Corey Davis being drafted knocks down Rishard’s value a bit and I don’t anticipate both Jordy and Adams being top ten again, but still, this teams WRs are solid. RB is a major hole outside of Todd Gurley and even he wasn’t so hot last year, but he has a couple RB3s in the mix to keep his team from losing while his WRs put them on their back. This team is in danger of slipping out of a playoff spot though if his WRs slip and aren’t able to carry this team or if Russel Wilson gets injured.

5. Garrett Hart:
    This team’s WR weakness was addressed in the draft, but it will take time for them to develop. This team had 3 top 15 RBs last year and while I think Blount drops a bunch from last year I think he will be good enough to help this team out. I think Hopkins will be better than last year, and I think Pierre Garcon will be worse so they will cancel themselves out and produce about the same. He has a couple good options for TE and will be competitive this year. All he needs is for his rookies to pan out and he’ll be playoff bound.

6. Andrew Melton:
    Man oh man I’m telling you people, these teams are all so close. 4-7 are all tight. This team lands in my top 6 because of it’s QB and RB situation. Aaron Rodgers is a game changer, we saw that last year for Melton. Melvin Gordon was amazing last year. Mark Ingram’s stock is gonna go down because AP and new rookie kamara, but should still be able to get enough points to help the Meltman make playoffs. His receivers need a lot of work, Tyreek Hill got a bump with maclin gone, but Maclin moving to baltimore knocks down Mike Wallace’s stock so it balances out. This team needs luck with their receivers and/or their running backs to stay healthy and productive in order to take this spot.

7. Alex Johnson:
    I don’t want to say this…but Alex has a great chance to be way higher than this. Tom Brady is annoyingly good and with the fairly recently acquired rudolph and Gronk his TE situation is great. Crabtree, Thielen, and Tate aren’t a terrible starting WR corps. Oh and with David Johnson and newly drafted Christian (Everybody loves Stanford!) McCaffrey starting, his starting lineup is actually kind of intimidating. However, this team is one or two injuries away from missing playoffs, which is why he’s placed here. If all of his players remain healthy, and Christian turns into a top 10 RB option, then hellllooooo playoffs.

8. Andrew Ventura:
    The “darling” of last year falls hard in my rankings. Rivers and Brees are great options for QB, so no problem there. However, outside of Zeke, he has like nobody for RB. His rb2 last year is being replaced by a rookie (J Stewart), his next best RB last year is on IR for the year (Christine Michael), Theo Riddick is a great receiving back, but Abdullah is gonna be more healthy this year so his stock drops too. That leaves him with having to play a nobody as his RB2 every week. His WR situation isn’t very great either. Keenan Allen coming back from injury and Mike Williams being drafted means Tyrell Williams value will go down (if Allen is injured again, then williams gets some value back). White was unimpressive last year, and boldin is getting old. Devontae Parker has a chance at being legit, but this team needs that and a lot more in order to be in the top 5. This team isn’t just lacking depth, but is lacking starters as well.

9. Chasen Rogers:
    The People’s Champion! Please forgive me! I only have him this low so that he can TREND UP BETCHES. Carson Wentz/Flacco will need to up their game. This team got DESTROYED in the offseason: Latavius to Minnesota with them drafting dalvin cook, yeldon behind Leonard Fournette. Ooph. His 2 best RB last year are in terrible spots. But newly drafted fournette should help. And maybe sproles stays relevant and murray wins the job? If not, than this team is like ventura’s when it comes to RB depth, but without a stud like Zeke. I like fournette, but see him as a RB2. The WRs are all boom/bust worthy players. So maybe he pulls a miyake and booms his way to playoffs! Definitely don’t count this team out.

10. Paul Miyake:
    Bringing up the rear. Love you man and your wildcard attitude always makes for an exciting year. Tevin is good even behind dovonta freeman and maybe AP will be legit in NO despite age. However there few good RBs behind. If Terelle Pryor doesn’t drop, this team will have a legit WR player. And Alshon Jeffery is solid, if healthy. But then he has like WR4s (30-40 range). He also has no TE options really, unless Evan Engram excels as a rookie. This team can jump up higher than the bottom fairly easily. But I’m definitely having this team here…prove me wrong wildcard. PROVE ME WRONG. WILDCARD YOUR WAY TO THE TOP!

Ah yes, the all too early case of preseason league rankings. But who can blame us (or NFL writers)? What else are we to do while players do OTAs and training camps/preseason prep? I mean, we could put our energies towards other things: our jobs, our relationships, our video games, etc. but really it’s just fun to try and imagine scenarios. So let’s imagine – even if preseason games haven’t even started yet! Because who knows what the 2017 season holds for us?

***EDIT 8/11/17 In light of Ezekiel Elliot’s suspension, I move Ventura’s team to 8th and every team up a space where applicable.

1. Ian Amunrud – @ianamunrud A team lacking nothing and yet continues to acquire better pieces. At this point we won’t know how his two first round selections of Corey Davis and Joe Mixon will pan out, but the team doesn’t even need those players to be good this year. Lamar Miller, Doug Martin, and Jay Ajayi all have solid starting roles as of now and it is likely that Carlos Hyde and Rob Kelley will also have starting positions on their teams as well. That would be 5 starting RBs on this team. Oh wait, I forgot about Lynch. 6RBs How did we get here?! The WRs? Green, Bryant, Cooper, Watkins, Robinson, D. Thomas, C. Davis, C. Meredith. Depending on how you perceive Crabtree, every one of these receivers is their teams’ go-to guy. That’s 8 WRs. Travis Kelce is going off of re-draft boards 2nd or 3rd for TEs. The team doesn’t have a weakness. Good luck league.

2. Ian Charbonnet – @IanC Last year was a special year and it would be unwise for me to expect a similar level of success on a weekly basis as I had last year. The biggest change on this team isn’t Cooks to New England, but rather Kyle Shanahan to SF. Matt Ryan likely won’t be the #2 scorer in all of fantasy again (#1 most of the year), but I do expect of him what I drafted him for in our inaugural draft: consistent top-10 production. I’m glad he flashed what he is capable of in 2016 and hope that he can maintain a steady diet of deep throws to Julio and short routes to Freeman. I think the most interesting players on my roster are Marshall (how will he be used with the Giants offense?), Fleener (up and down first year with the Saints, but finished TE12 when it was all over), John Brown (they say the sickle cell issues are “under control”), and Abdullah – who I loved coming into the NFL and I maintain high expectations for, even with Detroits’ O-line. I look forward to see how my team does in 2017.

3. Jon Cook – @jonathan a familiar name in the top 3, Jon Cook continues to ride the greatest FA pickup ever in Odell Beckham Jr. AB will be beside him each week and we’ll probably see Landry or Benjamin in the third spot. It’s an annual setup for this team and it’s worked well so far! The RBs are going to be just as good as they were last year AS LONG as Seattle doesn’t time share too bad. If Jon can play EITHER Lacy or Rawls consistently with Jordan Howard, I think this team will be seeing a lot of weekly success. Also Cam Newton will have a better year than 2016. I don’t think it will be MVP caliber again, but I do believe he will be better. Oh yeah, Ty Montgomery has the starting RB job in Green Bay until further notice. So there’s your weekly lineup with Eifert/Witten. Good team and continued high expectations.

4. Michael Stock – @mikeastock we’ve been doing this league for four years and every year I pick Stock to end up higher than he does. Why stop now? I actually, totally, and in full do not understand why this team has only been to the playoffs once in our league history. Ride the Russell Wilson wave man. Who knows? Watson could be a QB of the future, but for now it’s all Wilson. CJ Anderson is starting in Denver as far as I can tell and Todd Gurley has no one threatening his spot either. That plus Frank Gore and you have 3 very playable RBs. Terrance West gets 4 games to prove he can be the Ravens’ guy this year before Dixon gets back. I think this team is in better shape at the position that it gives itself credit for. As for WRs, you know Jordy and Mike Evans are on lock. That third spot could be Adams’, Decker’s (now in Ten.), or could be given if surprise jumps are made by Rishard Matthews (Ten) or Mike Williams (LA Chargers). I think the odds are good that one of these many receivers pan out and give Mike a good 3WR lineup. Also Broncos D/ST. Do your thing Mike.

5. Andrew Ventura – @ventura Lead by Ezekiel Elliot and strong QB play, I think this team will find itself back in the playoffs this year albeit with lower seeding. With no standout rookie additions, we have to look at how the pieces moved. At RB, I think Jon Stewart remains the starter to start the season as the Panthers determine how to use McCaffery. I think Woodhead and Riddick are in a good spot to assist in a FLEX position or bye week, even if they aren’t perceived as weekly starters. I think Maclin is in a better spot this year than where he was in KC. He lit it up in Philly and I know Flacco likes to air it out sometimes – this could bode well for Maclin. Keenan Allen is solid. Will he stay healthy? I’m thinking at least 3 games this year…and if he goes down Tyrell Williams becomes a consideration. The only other receiver of note now is DeVante Parker, but we have to see both he and Tannehill progress in their second year under Adam Gase.

6. Garrett Hart – @gbhart originally had this team lower, but after going over the roster a few times, I can’t deny that the RB power is there and the WRs are (technically) better than last year. Last year Garrett had a top 10 QB (Taylor), two top 10 RBs, the 2nd-best TE (Olsen), #1D/ST, and #2 kicker. This is coming from a team that did not make a single waiver acquisition last year. He could have had Marshawn Lynch in FLEX this year with Murray and Blount at RB, but alas, he opted for ArDarius Stewart instead. We shall see how that pans out. Speaking of receivers, DeAndre Hopkins can only improve this year from last one must think. I have no expectations for Garcon, so we’ll see how that plays out. Same with Torrey Smith in Philly. Hopkins and Smith have better circumstances, but I’m unsure how much impact it will have. John Ross and Chris Godwin were added via the draft and I am curious to see how both play. I’m not sure they are year-1 impact guys, but they both have dynasty potential. Despite the shortcomings of the WRs, I think Murray, Blount, Crowell, Olsen, and Tyrod Taylor can carry them for a few weeks. With the sneaky point-gainings from the D/ST and kicker, I think this team creeps its way into playoffs for the third time in four years.

7. Alex Johnson – @Alex After back-to-back finals appearances, Alex’s team took an about-face last year despite a great season from Mr. Brady. This spot for me just speaks to how good David Johnson is. I think Jonathan Stewart is still the starter in Carolina for now, so the RB2 spot will be a bit tight. If McCaffrey gets the playing time though, it could be something glorious. I think there is some potential here at WR. Crabtree and Sanu are both working with a solid QB and could put up consistent points. Tate could make the case for being Detroit’s best WR. We also shouldn’t forget – New England improved its DEFENSE this offseason as well. On the offensive side, Brady is going to put up good numbers this year - they’ve only added more weapons for him to work with. With Johnson and Brady buoying this team, the WRs just need to be average and this team will win some games.

8. Chasen Rogers – @chasenrogers I hear this man is a champion for the people. Fournette addressed a direct need at RB for this team. There’s still a long way to go, but it’s…trending…the right way. I suspect Latavius Murray begins the season as the Vikings starter, so there is time to figure things out. Many experts believe Wentz as a sleeper pick for this year. We shall see. The WRs are a fun bunch. I think Doug Baldwin is underrated and Wilson is only throwing more in Seattle each year. DeSean gets a bump in value with a new team, but it will be a few weeks before we know what to expect for the remainder of the year. The third spot is interesting: Corey Coleman has the tools to succeed, but we haven’t really seen what he can do. Marvin Jones was a stud for a few weeks last year and can yet be the Lions playmaker from that position. Sanders doesn’t know which QB is throwing to him in Denver at this point, so his productivity is capped. Then there is Larry and Julian Edelman. Both reliable players for their quarterbacks, but both are getting older and will have to adjust to the moving parts around them. This team has potential, but I’m not sure how much manifests this season.

9. Andrew Melton – @awmelman After selecting Dalvin Cook in the first round, every other pick this team made had me a bit confused. This offseason Melton has 17 WRs and the best one may be Jameson Crowder. There are so many things that need to go right for this team. Crowder steps up for Washington, Doctson gets healthy and plays to his potential in his first season of actually playing in the NFL, Taylor Gabriel repeats rather than stays beneath Jones and Sanu on the depth chart, Tyler Lockett finally kicks it into gear, Tyreek Hill repeats his crazy rookie year, and Will Fuller V connects with a new QB in Houston. I can’t see most of these happening this year. Ingram’s stock goes down with the AP signing, Langford isn’t starting anymore, Dalvin Cook is not guaranteed to be starting at the season’s onset, and I have no clue what’s going on with Chris Ivory… So this team is Aaron Rodgers, Melvin Gordon, and a TE. At least Rodgers and Cousins have separate BYE weeks.

10. Paul Miyake – @PaulDawg Paul I want you to PROVE ME WRONG. Don’t let the doubters get in your way. Let it fuel your fire of victory. And if it doesn’t go according to plan, I hope you find your Ezekiel Elliot in next year’s draft for a quick turnaround. Here’s the thing: this team does have good pieces. 3 QBs that could start any given week. Paul Perkins goes into this season with a starting job and Tevin Coleman, AP “All Day,” and James White all could have big roles on their teams depending on how the season plays out. This is an important year for Alshon Jeffery to prove he can be a WR1 for a team. Terrelle Pryor Sr. in the same way is out to prove he wasn’t a one-season wonder on the now Garcon-less and DJAX-less Redskins. That 3rd WR spot could be a lot of guys. Enunwa is the top guy for the Jets after the departure of Marshall and Decker. Willie Snead may see a bump in playing time with Cooks off to New England. Stefon Diggs is constantly a darling pick for the “experts.” Even experts know something sometimes. This team has potential. It needs some specific circumstances to move up, but they aren’t far-fetched and if one of his RBs can step up and Alshon can be a pro bowler, we may see this team in the playoffs. Even at this spot, I don’t think the gap is that far from that #6 spot. The whole league is cheering for this wildcard team to prove the doubters wrong!

1. Ian Amunrud – This guy doesn’t have a great starting lineup, he has two of them! The depth of this team has makes playoffs a lock, but also makes roster decisions tough week in and week out. Poised for his chance to claim the Jackman.
  2. Ian Charbonnet – Super solid RB studs in Lesean McCoy and Le’Veon Bell, and some good starting players in the rear with Abdullah and Freeman (on this side because of the Coleman timeshare). We’ll see if the young backs behind them (McNichols, Smallwood, Conner, Perine) will pan out. I’m not as hot on some of these receivers as some may be, but there’s more than enough quality players here to do work. Tight-end has question marks, but QB is finally taken care of with Dak and Ryan.
  3. Jonathan Cook – Newton has new weapons in backfield receivers Samuel and McCaffrey and his O-line back, so a return to top tier QB status is expected this season. Young starting RBs (Howard, Lacy or Rawls depending on whose ankle heals first, and Montgomery) with young depth offer production, although less proven than the Miller’s and Bell’s of this world. Top tier starting receivers in Brown and Beckham, and a group of WR3 quality receivers in Landry, Benjamin, and Lee (who had 851 receiving yards to Jags WR1 A-Rob’s 883 last year) with new rookie Kupp fitting in one of those groups. TE is an age and injury risk, but this team can afford it.
  4. Michael Stock – This is the year Stock makes waves in playoffs. Wilson can only be more effective than last year after an offseason of recovery, and a roster of good (if not great) WRs like Decker and Matthews provide depth for starters Adams, Evans, and Nelson. CJA and Gurley are great starting RBs, but how the rest of the group will perform is up in the air.
  5. Garrett Hart – He’s here because of a great RB situation, which is rare in fantasy nowadays. Murray and Crowell lead the way, with their talented handcuffs on the roster. They, along with serviceable QBs and a top tier TE make up for a lack of standout receiving options.
  6. Ventura – Better than Garrett on WRs with Maclin, Parker, and Allen, but the RB situation behind Elliott is not looking good. Lots of change of pace options, but few starters there. Great QBs, and decent TEs land him near the middle.
  7. Chasen Rogers – Das righttt, number 7. Wentz actually has receivers now, Chasen has a talented running back now (Fournette), and the WR depth is all capable of big things (Edelman, Sanders, Moncrief, Baldwin, Fitzgerald, Jackson, and Coleman). The People’s Champion stands a chance of returning to the dominant form of the inaugural season with the right wins and right waiver moves.
  8. Paul Miyake – Dude is set at QB now, adding Stafford and Winston to his roster from 2015. Good, but not amazing RBs and WRs are a good supporting cast with guys like Enuwa, Peterson, Pryor, Jeffrey, and Diggs who have talent and may be in the right environment now to really shine. Some wildcard waiver pickups will make this team hit playoffs.
  9. Alex Johnson – Super solid QBs with Mariota and Brady, but David Johnson (and Gronk when healthy) is the only other dependable guy on this team. Who’s catching the ball for this team? I have no idea, but hopefully Alex will.
  10. Andrew Melton – There’s too many guys to catch the ball on this team. QB and TE are set, Gordon is a good supporting guy, but there’s lots of question marks on everybody else. Will Dalvin Cook start? Will Ingram do much with Peterson there? Will Doctson be healthy? Can Hill perform as well without the threat of Maclin as a receiver?

Another year, another preseason rankings. Last year, I reversed my own tradition and predicted myself last in the league (and was only 1 off, womp womp). This year around, I will continue to make moderately ill-informed rankings that are mostly a result of gut feeling and hardly based in any objective or quantifiably reliable method. Will your team earn the wrath of this rater? Or will you be spared? As a quick refresher from last year, let me start with my previous pre-season power rankings.

1. @ianamunrud
  2. @IanC
  3. @jonathan
  4. @mikeastock
  5. @ventura
  6. @awmelman
  7. @PaulDawg
  8. @chasenrogers
  9. @gbhart
  10. @Alex

Man, I was a dummy. Anywho. On to this year!

1. @IanC: This guy wants everyone to think his team was a fluke but don’t be fooled! This team is stacked, and even though the talent is starting to age I don’t see them slowing down this year. I think the only thing that can slow this team down is Matt Ryan and company having a massive hang-over, limiting his depth, combined with Dak Prescott having a sophomore slump as teams begin to study his tape and gameplan better (shut down the run and make the kid win with his arm has seemed to be his crux so far, but we’ll see how offseason adjustments go).

2. @ianamunrud: Had a rough season last year, getting womped with injuries and under-performing at every turn. However, I think 2017 is a bounce back year for this time and the only team that truly gives the number 1 spot a run for his money. However, should the injury bug pop up again, other none of his top players perform to their expected levels, this team could see itself on the lower end of playoff expectancy (though I would’t be so bold as to say they won’t make the playoffs. Yet.)

3. @jonathan: Man, this list sure is starting to feel familiar. Cook’s team is about as well rounded as anyone. However, this team is going to have to contend with youth at several positions, and the possibility of a rookie take-over could land this team further down. That said, The depth of this team and variable options would seem to fend off those pesky youngsters and I’m guessing this team just misses out on a first round bye.

4. @gbhart: I think this team has the next best chance at a well rounded unit. Although others seem to like Stock here, I am worried about some of his RB depth and the need for Wilson to return to peak form. He turned it around at the end of the season, but has struggled early two years in a row and without much changing on the offense front (I’m not betting anything on Lacy until he proves he’s not just a chubster), I’m not giving him the edge. (oh wait, this is about Garrett, whoops.) That is why I’m placing Garrett at the 4th spot. This team needs a TE, badly, but he’s well stocked in other areas and given that, outside 3 or four exceptions, the TE position has been pretty kicker-esque lately (meaning any given TE1 option is relatively the same), I expect him to do at least better than most.

5. @mikeastock: See Garrett’s ranking for my primary reasoning of this spot. Lot’s of potential, but a lot yet to be realized. This team is still banking of come-back seasons from a few players, and as such, is going to be a volatile pick until proven otherwise.

6. @Alex: That’s right y’all, I put myself at playoff bound! Let’s face it, I’m ranking myself here partially based on hope that I can’t be as bad as last year. But I also think my team is a credible threat any given sunday. Some of my follies last year can be traced to poor roster decisions (hogan coming alive every week he was on my bench). Some can be traced to lack of depth (like, seriously, a major lack of depth). I have more faith in McCaffrey than others seem too, primarily because I don’t think he’s a competitor to Stewart, but instead a receiving back, very similar to Shane Vereen in that regard. Also, don’t forget Vereen is back from injury and may get more work. Overall, I think my depth has been improved, and will be sufficient to just squeak into the playoffs. After that, it’s anyone’s guess.

7. @ventura: A team that has a phenomenal RB, top tier QBs (maybe not on the weeks they’re started though), and quality WRs, Ventura has the ability to be a contender. The question is whether he will start the right players, and whether injuries come for him again.

8. @chasenrogers: This team is getting old. Flacco may be approaching his last season. Edelman (whom I LOVE) and Larry are both in the back nine of their careers, and age catches up for us all eventually (except Tom Brady, who is defying time itself). I’m also not as keen on Wentz as others, and I question whether his failings toward the end of the season were a result of injury/poor WR play or if teams started to figure him out. Either way, Chasen is primed to TREND UP, and can mostly only go up from here!

9. @PaulDawg: Paul, my man. Your team had moments that were genuinely intimidating last season. But it also had moments that were, well, not. Another team that is going to be plagued real soon by father time, I think if he can make solid waiver acquisitions he has a chance to move up a spot or two. But hey, I’m happy to be proved wrong and see Paul climb the ranks.

10. @awmelman: Our friendly neighborhood Mr. Rodgers (not Chasen, but nice guy with the red sweater). Melton has a team that, unfortunately, is reliant on the 49ers turning it around. And let’s face it, the 49ers aren’t turning it around this year. I could very well have to eat my words, but I think melton needs to figure out his drafting strategy better (stop taking notes from the Colts man…) in order to truly give this team the bump it needs.

@Alex You were actually the most accurate person for 2016, don’t be so hard on yourself (based on SSE for ranks).

I’m confused by how I’m contending with youth. Do you mean I have too many young players? Pretty sure having good young players is how dynasty teams are built. Or do you mean I have too many old guys? Because I don’t actually think that’s the case.

Also, I think Garrett is chilling at TE with Greg Olsen (first TE in NFL history with 3 consecutive 1000 yard seasons).

My comment about youth being your established players have Young guns coming for them in some places. Not likely to impact this year but in a year or two it could.

Who has a young gun coming for them? Cam’s job is secure for 4+ years. I have Bortles as a potential future starter with Beathard behind him (and CJ should be a starter once Palmer isn’t). Antonio Brown is 28 and my oldest receiver, with a bevy of 1st/2nd round talent behind him in Beckham/Benjamin/Landry/Perriman/Kupp/Lee. My oldest starting running back is Eddie Lacy, who is entering the 5th year of his career. Witten is old for sure, but Tyler Eifert is only 26 and I just added a rookie receiving TE to replace Witten as a solid floor option in Jake Butt. I definitely feel like my team is one of the younger teams in the league.

I think he means that you have players that are starters on their NFL team but have young people beneath them. Jeremy Hill with Joe Mixon probably the main one. Antonio brown has juju smith-schuster not that he’s really gonna lose the job to him. Stuff like that I think.

Wayyyy late response but yes. That’s what I was talking about. Generally unlikely, hence the 3rd spot ranking, but not altogether impossible.