Commissioner Power Rankings - Week 10

We are in the home stretch. The final 3 weeks of the regular season are here. It all has gone by so quickly! The gap between 3rd place and 8th place is two games. The teams in spots 6-8 in the standings are each playing one another in two of the three remaining weeks. We won’t know how this turns out until the end of week 13. I mean, we won’t know how this week even turns out until it’s said and done. Because any given Sunday, anything can happen.

POWER RANKINGS WEEK 10

1. Santa Barbara Sailors - @jonathan . Cam and Kelvin face that stingy New Orleans defense. Spencer Ware against TB’s run defense. Antonio Brown in Cleveland. Odell against the last-ranked Bears (WR) defense. It’s a good week to be Jon. (Last Week’s Rank: 3. Trending UP 2)

2. TEAM DYNASTY - @IanC . All good things must come to an end I suppose. I’m proud of my guys in bad matchups putting up a top-5 score. The thing about a top-5 score is that there are four teams playing better than you, and that’s what this team was up against. The timing isn’t great, as the Falcons and Jets are on BYE, a large portion of this team’s usual starters. Cooks goes to a beatable Panthers secondary, and Bell is in Cleveland. Despite losing a good portion of the starting lineup, the matchups are actually more favorable this week than before for whomever starts. (Last Week’s Rank: 1. Trending DOWN 1)

3. America’s Game of the Zeke - @ventura . Ezekiel Elliot is very, very good. Fantasy’s current #1 RB is leading this team as Brees looks to take over the #1 OVERALL fantasy spot with Matt Ryan on BYE. This team seems to get big games out of its players when it needs it most. Your second-highest PF team doesn’t have great NFL matchups this week, but they’ll look for a way to continue their success. (Last Week’s Rank: 2. Trending DOWN 1)

4. All Aboard The Jay Train - @ianamunrud . I told you all. Did I not tell you all? I believe in this team and still do and then they go out and take down the best team in the league ; ) . This team is getting hot at the right time. Seriously, who is Jay Ajayi and where does he get off being the #10 RB all of a sudden? The guy hadn’t scored more than 10.2 points during a game in the first 5 weeks. The matchups are up-and-down this week, but Andrew Luck and Lamar Millar have particularly favorable ones. The fight for third place in the regular season standings goes through Ventura this week. (Last Week’s Rank: 5. Trending UP 1)

5. Brandon McManus - @mikeastock . I ALSO told you all. This team is good! Did you know this team has the longest active winning streak in our league? Did you know this team was HIGH SCORE this past week? I believe in this team. Now, it may seem odd that I’m bringing this team DOWN a spot after high score, but let’s look at a few things. First, CJ PROSISE?! This team didn’t even want the guy after drafting him. Was this week a fluke for the young Seattle running back or a sign of things to come? It’s way too early to tell. As for NFL matchups, this isn’t a great week for this team. Only Vernon Davis (come on Washington, wrong TE!) and Mike Evans have favorable matchups of the starters. That bumps this team down in this week’s particular rankings. It seems like a long time ago that this team was last in our league, now they’re here needing only one win in all likeliness to secure a playoff spot (and a few wins could even get them third). (Last Week’s Rank: 4. Trending DOWN 1)

6. San Francisco Eagles - @awmelman . I’m not really sure where the Eagles thing is coming from, but you do you Melton. We love you all the same. Melvin Gordon has been carrying this team through the year. But he is on BYE and that caps this team’s weekly potential. Aaron Rodgers goes to Washington against Josh Norman and Mark Ingram faces a stingy Panthers run D (and is always facing the wrath of Sean Payton if he feels Hightower can do a better job). The good news here is Jamison Crowder has moved himself into the top-20 of WR and Mike Wallace is #16. This is a team that badly needed WRs to step up and this team’s wins have come from those weeks where that has happened. If they can win the next 2 out of 3, they’re going to the playoffs… (Last Week’s Rank: 6. Weeks at #6: 2)

7. Mr. Hemingway I Presume - @gbhart . …which also applies to this team and the team below it as well. Talk about a slide down though. This team was once a top-3 team in PF is now 7th in that category. Isaiah Crowell has been less of a feature in the Browns offense and DeAndre Hopkins has not been able to connect with Osweiller all year. DeMarco Murray IS this team. This team is at the 7-spot of the rankings this week due to several favorable matchups including Hopkins at Oakland and Garcon against Green Bay. (Last Week’s Rank: 8. Trending UP 1)

8. All Aboard the Wentz Wagon - @chasenrogers . A victory this week keeps the playoff hopes alive for this team. Like the two teams above, if this team can win 2-of-3, it should find itself in the playoffs. The road won’t be easy though. Larry goes to Minnesota and Sanders is on BYE. The second RB spot is also a bit murky as to which decision is the right one. The matchups aren’t all that great, but this team has heart and champions itself for the people. That may be enough to will them on to a victory. (Last Week’s Rank: 9. Trending UP 1)

9. The Golden Tater of Defeat - @Alex . David Johnson. Tom Brady (against SF). Ok, we’ve talked about all the good things. This spot assumes Gronk doesn’t play this week.There is a real chance that the D/ST this week is the second highest scoring position for this team. But hey, Mariota’s looking to be as good as this team could have hoped for. Here’s to the future! (Last Week’s Rank: 7. Trending DOWN 2)

10. Free Spirits - @PaulDawg . Dear everyone, this team anchors us. We would be lost without it. Big Ben, the Sneadmeister… it’s a team we all can Digg and not feel guilty about it. I know it Hurns to think about it, but the White lining is that there are Perkins to being last. Well, if you don’t Doyle out your first round picks out of Goodwin. It may not be Quick, but you can Stills Winston as surely as the sun sets in the West. The Lord’s rod and Stafford will protect this team. I’m Alshon-in on this team getting some Benjamin(s) in the future. Go to the Barber, get a haircut, and be the new you, not your Pryor self. Pet-er-self on the back (that was terrible) and Wash(ington) the bad vibes away.
    We love you Lutz. Enunwa else like you : )
    (Last Week’s Rank: 10. Weeks at #10: 2)

I love each of you and wish you the best of weeks. You are the reason this league exists. May our friendship only grow stronger as the years go on.
Blessings.