Commissioner Power Rankings - Week 11

Happy Thanksgiving week to each of you! I am thankful every day to have a league of friends that I can talk with, play with, and hang out with. This league is made up of nine of my closest friends and I consider myself fortunate to be able to share it with each of you on a regular basis.
As we head into Thanksgiving, the fantasy playoff picture is becoming clearer, but still has some important details to be discovered these next two weeks. There are plenty of games being played on Thursday for the holiday. I hope you have time to enjoy some/all of them and don’t forget to set those lineups a little earlier this week : )

POWER RANKINGS WEEK 11

1. TEAM DYNASTY - @IanC . The good? Tajae Sharpe has posted exactly 68 yards and a touchdown two weeks in a row (12.8 fantasy points). I’m thinking he should be getting 12.8 fantasy points every single week for the rest of his career. After struggling in the QB category the past two seasons, this team has two top-5 QB options in Prescott and M. Ryan. McCoy is scheduled to play this week after receiving surgery on his dislocated thumb. The guy cannot go 2 games without an injury scare. (Last Week’s Rank: 2. Trending UP 1)

2. Santa Barbara Sailors - @jonathan . There are a lot of good matchups for this team’s Thanksgiving fantasy week. AB, OBJ, K.B., and Jarvis Landry all have matchups against 18th or worse ranked teams in WR fantasy points given up. Spencer Ware has his job on lock and Thomas Rawls is officially back. There are a lot of lineups this team can use with Jennings, Booker, Hill (without one Gio Bernard) and Steve Smith Sr. on the bench. More so than at the start of the year, this team has a lot of depth as the RBs on this team have been given opportunities to work. The peculiar thing is that the highest ranked QB on this team is QB#12 (Blake Bortles, not Cam Newton). The good? This team is 1 win away from officially locking down a BYE week in playoffs. (Last Week’s Rank: 1. Trending DOWN 1)

3. J’ai L’Ebron - @ianamunrud . This team is back above .500 and wants the trend to continue. Consistently this team is one of the top projected in our league and for good reason. Losing AJ Green is a big deal, but reports are coming in that it may not be season-ending. The good? Doug Martin and Carlos Hyde have returned and both received more than ten fantasy points this week. In fact, this team has a healthy Gurley, Ajayi, Miller, Martin, Hyde, and R. Kelley (not THAT R. Kelly). If only we had 6 RB spots, ya know? This team plays its final 2 games against teams in the bottom third of the standings and then it’s playoff time. (Last Week’s Rank: 4. Trending UP 1)

4. Brandon McManus - @mikeastock . 5 GAME WINNING STREAK. Currently 3rd in PF in our league, this team is trending up big time. You all ready for fantasy’s #1WR becuase MIKE EVANS is currently the best receiver in fantasy. Speaking of WRs, this team’s starting lineup has WR’s number 1, 6, and 9 currently in fantasy. Why isn’t this team higher up? Aside from notoriously bad luck, this team lost CJ Prosise for possibly the rest of the year - joining Teddy “Two Gloves” Bridgewater, Eric Decker, Charles Sims, and CJ Anderson. The good? Frank Gore is a top-10 RB this season and Russell Wilson’s scores his last three games: 26.3, 26.5, and 24.3. The right guys are getting hot at the right time for this team. Dion Lewis is making his way back. This team has top-20 WR options for flex like Rishard Matthews and Davante Adams. Despite all the major injuries, this team is a legitimate contender not just to make playoffs, but to succeed through them. (Last Week’s Rank: 5. Trending UP 1)

5. America’s Game of the Zeke - @ventura . Brees is the #2 QB. Zeke is #2 RB. Heck, Vinatieri is #2 K. Why isn’t this team at #2 in everything? Because it’s best WR option last week on the bench was Leonte Carroo. The loss of Christine Michael’s role in Seattle hasn’t devasted this team, but it does lower the potential of this team. With Maclin out (and Kevin White and Markus Wheaton and Keenan Allen…), this team is looking thin at WR. The good? DeVante Parker looked great last week. He put up almost 14 points and has two consecutive weeks of 10+ points. This team needs that kind of production to keep it’s current spot of 3rd place in the standings. (Last Week’s Rank: 3. Trending DOWN 2)

6. San Francisco Eagles - @awmelman . Still don’t know what the team name is all about, but hey Aaron Rodgers is a fantasy stud again, even if his team keeps losing. The matchups for this team aren’t great this week, but Melvin Gordon is back against a beatable Houston team (though Oakland had trouble on the ground on Monday). The good? Jamison Crowder continues to be an integral part of the Redskins offense and Delanie Walker is his usual self - that is fantasy’s #2 TE. Also of note: TJ Yeldon left the Jaguars game last week, so Chris Ivory may be in line for more touches in the near future. (Last Week’s Rank: 6. Weeks at #6: 3)

7. Mr. Hemingway I Presume - @gbhart . Pulled off a victory while playing a player not on the field. That takes some skill… or the Vikings defense/special teams. The good? Pierre Garcon looked good on Sunday night against the Packers and LeGarrette Blount continues his top-5 RB campaign. DeMarco Murray remains a fantasy stud. All that to say, this team is fighting for that last playoff spot, but coming off a short week, I wonder if another last-minute roster item will come back and haunt this team. There are a good number of games on Thursday, and this team has notably missed necessary lineup changes a few times this year already. (Last Week’s Rank: 7. Weeks at #7: 2)

8. All Aboard the Wentz Wagon - @chasenrogers . This team has an uphill battle to fight for a playoff spot. They’ll have to bounce back from a tough 8-point loss to keep any hope of playoffs alive. Gio Bernard went down with an ACL injury and is likely out the whole year. Likewise, Zach Miller is having foot surgery and has been ruled out the rest of the year. Luckily, Julius Thomas is available and Cameron Brate is having a good year. As for RB’s, Latavius Murray is going to have to hold the fort down complemented by Darren Sproles in all likeliness. The good? Coleman is getting involved after his earlier injury and Moncrief is getting good looks from Andrew Luck and the WRs are still a solid bunch this late into the season. (Last Week’s Rank: 8. Weeks at #8: 2)

9. Ho-gan Wild - @Alex . Ever since beating Ventura’s team week 6 (buffalo wild wings week), this team hasn’t won a game. That was also the last week that Jamaal Charles put up points… In that 5-game span, this team has only put over 100 points up once. David Johnson is really (really, really, really) good. Apart from him and Tom Brady though, this team hasn’t found consistent footing with its regular players like Tate, Crabtree, and Dixon. The good? Jared Goff had his first career start (6.5 points). With Mariota playing well, perhaps this team will become a QB store of sorts. (Last Week’s Rank: 9. Weeks at #9: 2)

10. Free Spirits - @PaulDawg . Team “RB James” put up some points this week as Terrelle Pryor continues his top-10 WR season, James White took advantage of the Niner’s D and James Starks gets back on the field. Unfortunately, it came on a week that Big Ben didn’t feel like throwing up a big score for this team. What a meanie. The good? Paul Perkins has seen a fair number of touches this year and Malcolm Mitchell looked comfortable connecting with Tom Brady. These are two young guys from Paul’s rookie draft this year and it’s good to see that they a part of their team’s game-plan this early on. (Last Week’s Rank: 10. Weeks at #10: 3)

I love you all dearly and wish you great joy and peace as you spend the holidays with family and or friends. Wherever you find yourself in the world, know that I appreciate you and thank you for your friendship.
Blessings.