Commissioner Power Rankings - Week 13 (2017)

It’s the final week of the fantasy regular season. The time has flown by! Every year goes by quicker and quicker and we must enjoy this moment while we have it. Remember that time Aaron Rodgers went down and Melton’s team somehow got better? Remember that time Kareem Hunt scored 40 points in week 1 and Jon looked to have the first round steal? Remember when I ranked Mike as #1 in the power rankings and it was a valid opinion?

How about that time we set a league record with 9 guys at “BBW?” :smirk:
There was also Ventura saving a pair of pants from a tree (that was this year, right?) …

All good regular seasons must come to an end. Let us enjoy this time with a different kind of power rankings. A ranking of how YOU each are all very powerful humans.
(For the record, my guess for playoff seeding is: 1 - IC. 2 - AM. 3 - AJ. 4 - JC. 5 - IA. 6 - CR)

Week 13 “POWER” Rankings

THE POWER OF RISK (WILDCARD)
Mack n Cheesin’ ALL DAY - @PaulDawg .

No risk, no reward as many would say. Paul lives dangerously in fantasy football and it’s been an enjoyable thing to watch over the years (for the love of all that is good please keep your first round pick this year). Paul takes his life in stride and doesn’t take things too seriously. It’s a powerful thing to see a man who takes risks but still keeps his chill factor at max all the time. I’ve loved speaking with Paul these past few years from ridiculous to religious and everything in between. He is a genuine man and I look forward to the eventual rewards from the risks he has taken.

THE POWER OF THE PEOPLE
This no Fun(chess) - @chasenrogers .

No doubt Chasen is beloved by many in this world. He is so well received that he was bestowed the nickname “The People’s Champion” and it’s hard to disagree. Chasen is a harmonious person who likes to bring others together rather than rip them apart. His comments to me over the year have embodied my desire for this league. I believe Chasen gets it more than any of us - that deep love for his friends and making memories in every aspect of our friendship . He grows with us whether on the Slack feed or during the annual coaches conference. Chasen is an all around good guy and his friendship with each of us is a powerful thing indeed.

THE POWER OF TRAVEL
Hemingway’s Horde - @gbhart .

Garrett! How we miss you so. I love that you are pursuing the dreams and desires of your heart. Garrett has always been a worldly man - one who seeks to understand and respect all manner of people on earth. Garrett has crossed many geographical borders and I admire his continual search to better himself. He is one of the kindest persons I know and I believe there is real power in his international goals. I think I speak for everyone when I say we can’t wait to see you again Garrett. Every interaction we have with you is a blessing brother.

THE POWER OF THE MIND
Hooked on a Thielen - @Alex .

While the title speaks to Alex’s work in the psychology field, I have decided to speak to a more powerful action that Alex displayed this year: humility. I haven’t forgotten the things you’ve allowed us to be aware of in regards to the hardships you’ve had these past years. Your openness allows us to love you better and assures this league that no matter what season we are in (highs or lows) that we are here for one another. I’m thankful for you Alex - stoked to have you in this league and as a friend. Your journey will continue to be a powerful one and we’re here for each step.

THE POWER OF COMPETITION
Luck Will Play Week 1 - @ianamunrud .

Rumor has it Ian A is competitive… This guy can make a game out of anything! Ian’s love of games gives energy and an excuse to gather for many of his friends. Ian always has something to analyze and something to better himself at. He’s proven capable in many important life skills, and some random skills here and there. His drive can be powerful in bringing others along for fun rides - you’re not gonna be bored if you’re with Ian. He has a powerful fire inside and that fire if often used to benefit others and increase their enjoyment in what they do. Keep the fire burning!

THE POWER OF DADMODE
Santa Barbara Sailors - @jonathan .

I would say that Jon is the most dad-like guy in our group. You may think it’s Melton, but he can be full grandad mode and skip middle age sometimes : ) . Jon is a man who plans and makes rational decisions given the information he is able to acquire. He likes to prepare and prioritize. In this though, he is never one to turn down fun. We all know and love that Jon laugh when he gets going and can’t stop and starts crying and everyone else thought the joke was just kind-of-average-funny. Yeah that Jon. We love that Jon. I can’t wait for him to make dad jokes as a dad. They’re gonna be so good. Jon you have some powerful balance in responsibility and fun and I love seeing it in each season of your life!

THE POWER OF RESILIENCE
Team Jujubes - @awmelman .

On a fantasy level, this team had their stud first rounder (D. Cook) go down WEEK 4 as a top 10 RB and then lost Aaron Rodgers week 6 (a week he won because he played Cousins instead). They sat on Will Fuller through 3 weeks of injuries to be rewarded with scores of 12.2 - 24.5 for the next four games. At this point, he is knocking for a 1st round playoff bye. In life, Andrew has faced all sorts of obstacles in his dreams, his relationships, his spiritual walk, and through it all I see a resilient man. Life can pull at Andrew in every which direction, yet he is the steadfast, calm, and loving Andrew we all know. That’s a powerful thing. Andrew has been a particular encouragement to me personally in the season that I am in now and I am thankful for his friendship and his contribution to the league.

THE POWER OF THE NETWORK
Brandon McManus - @mikeastock .

Mike. There’s no one like you. You are a man with many resources including, but not exclusive to, relational / networking, technological understanding, and the interesting quirk of just buying things for the heck of it sometimes (see: Nintendo Switch purchase at BBW). Mike is a man that seeks to remain connected to people in a world that needs genuine relationships and has its fair share of mere associations that give the appearance of true connection. Mike is a man of ambition and seeks to be a pioneer in his own way. He is powerful in many ways and I look forward to seeing how he uses his resources (intangible and tangible) to grow in his friendships with each of us as he pursues his dreams.

Also, please never stop making Mike jokes. I love Mike jokes.

THE POWER OF LAUGHTER
I Need One TD Dance - @ventura .

Andrew, it cannot be understated enough the power you have in your ability to connect others in ways that are simultaneously humorous and thoughtful. While obviously insightful in areas of politics, music, and pop culture, there is an underlying and sincere joy in you to bring others happiness. This league feels that joy you have in doing so. You’re constantly connecting, sharing, commenting, and relating with each of us. You don’t shy away from letting others know who you are or what you love and I think it’s a powerful thing to be confident in oneself like you are. You’ve taught me many things over the years and I see no end to that in sight. I also have no doubt we’ll be seeing your opinions on full blast in the slack feed or on twitter each and every week - but it’s all because you care : )

THE POWER OF DREAMS
TEAM DYNASTY - @IanC

Though it’s weird to write my own team here, I felt it would be weirder to not put anything, so here this is. I hope my dreams are powerful because I’m embarking on a journey fueled by one of my biggest dreams yet. I will say that I’m typing this post to a league that similarly was a dream of mine. It works because more than a single person, it has become a dream of OURS. We all have ownership in this dream of enjoying sports, playing games, and continuing our friendships into the future through thick and thin. You all have gone far and beyond what I could hope for! So that means I gotta hope and dream for even more so you all can surpass my dreams again : )

That is that. I wish you all the best of luck this week - if you could all win in fantasy football I would make it so. Since I can’t, remember that you are a powerful person and that I continue to find thanks in the power of our friendship : )

Also in relation to POWER, I’ll leave this here: