Commissioner Power Rankings - Week 2

Another week is in the books. After 2 weeks, over half the league sits at 1-1, so anything is still possible at this point in the year whether you think there’s room to trend up or down. Week 2 saw numerous injuries and the rankings are affected by these as well as points for, my view on potential points, etc. etc.
Away we go!

WEEK 2 POWER RANKINGS

1. Santa Barbara Sailors - @jonathan . One of the 2-0 teams and 1.3 points out of the lead for PF, Jon looks to continue his fantasy tear through the league. Cam Newton is the 2nd highest scoring fantasy player (behind, obviously, Matt Ryan). Injuries to Rawls and Jamaal Charles looking to return does cause some concern, but Kelvin Benjamin has shown up as the number fantasy 1 WR after two weeks. For the most part his team has good match-ups this week and is playing against an injured squad in A. Ventura. (Last Week’s Rank: 1. Weeks at #1: 2)

2. TEAM DYNASTY - @IanC . The other 2-0 team is currently leading in PF. A lot of this team’s points have come from Matt Ryan taking the #1 QB spot after two weeks and a huge 3-TD game to Matt Forte. Most of this roster has big week potential. We’ll be keeping on eye on Brandon Marshall and Julio Jones this week in regards to injuries. (Last Week’s Rank: 4. Trending UP 2)

3. Brandon McManus - @mikeastock . I’m a little surprised myself to have this team here, but this team scored the 3rd most points last week, doesn’t look to have any injuries (at least Russell Wilson is designated with an injury), and he has a lot of favorable NFL match-ups in week 3. CJ Anderson is on a tear and to think if Jordan Matthews could catch balls thrown by Carson Wentz… I foresee Frank Gore and Russell Wilson’s play as big determinants on where this team lands in the coming weeks. (Last Week’s Rank: 7. Trending UP 4)

4. Trending Up - @chasenrogers . While technically trending down, this team still had a strong showing. This team has some options at the QB position, something both he and I are enjoying for a change. This team has four top-10 plays in its starting lineup and if Baldwin can play against the Niners, this very well could be a bounce back week to get above .500.
    (Last Week’s Rank: 2. Trending DOWN 2)

5. A Gronking To Remember - @Alex . As is often predicted for this team, one week up, one week down. After scoring the highest points in fantasy week 1, this team got scared playing against the Sailors and generated the second lowest score in week 2. Despite losing Jimmy G, this team is still top 5 for a few reasons: Mariota and Fitz are decent substitutes for a week, Jamaal may be making his 2016 debut, and also DeAngelo freaking Williams. This team only has two top-10 players in its starting lineup, but those two are David Johnson and DeAngelo Williams - two players putting up huge points. Jamaal’s return will likely determine where this team lands next week as he may need to replace Williams with Le’Veon Bell’s return. Brady will be back however, so this team’s core strategy will stay the same. (Last Week’s Rank: 3. Trending DOWN 2)

6. Trending Down - @ianamunrud . I told Ian I would put him out of the top 6, but given the current playing field, I can’t. There’s not much to say about this team that hasn’t been said yet. He’s got the number 1 Kicker in all of fantasy, so he should be turning it around anytime soon. This past week was a fascinating implosion with only Dez (10.2), Eli (12.3), and the Panthers D/ST (14) getting double-digit points. At this point in the season however, this team is lowest for PF by 23.6. I don’t think anyone saw this coming. Like the Saints, this team will rise again however. (Last Week’s Rank: 5. Trending DOWN 1)

7. Mr. Hemingway, I Presume? - @gbhart . I really don’t know what the team name is all about, but this team was high score in week 2 of fantasy. Show of hands, who thought Isaiah Crowell was going to get over 20 points this week? How about over 18 from Olsen? 15 from his kicker? Everything went right for this team in week 2. Though I wanted to put this team 6th, the fact of the matter is that I believe this week was an outlier. Hopkins is the real deal ( as is Tucker) and I think DeMarco is going to be a good play all year. This team will need continued production from Torrey Smith, Andy Dalton and Crowell / Duke Johnson Jr. to stay in the hunt. As it stands, a congratulations is in order for a great week of fantasy!
    (Last Week’s Rank: 9. Trending UP 2)

8. I Want Wide Receivers - @awmelman . 95.2 isn’t a bad outing (though a -6 defense will kill ya). This team is showing some promise this year and I believe is on the cusp of a playoff spot. Will Fuller is looking like one of the best rookie pickups this year and Mike Wallace’s resurgence means you can’t cut this team out. Also, Tyler Lockett? If he gets close to 10 points every week, this team is in business! Ingram is trending down and Melvin Gordon is trending up - it’s par for the course in this 2016 season. (Last Week’s Rank: 8. Weeks at #8: 2)

9. The Chronicles of Riddick - @ventura . Ouch, this team is currently in the middle of the pack for PF, but that is looking to not be the case in the future. Danny Woodhead AND Keenan Allen are out for the season with ACL issues. Jonathan Stewart is listed to miss a week or two. This teams RB core is going to rely on Ezekiel Elliot - not a bad workhorse, but certainly an untested one. Tyrell Williams put up good numbers this week, but there’s no certainty there either. This team is going to have to have some great success off the bench to stay in the running. (Last Week’s Rank: 6. Trending DOWN 3)

10. West of Sneaden - @PaulDawg . This team had the fifth best score this week, how could I put them in this spot? Am I just a hater? No, I could never be a hater on Paul - he is one of the best guys I know. However, when Adrian Peterson goes down, so too does your team. The difference between this team and Ventura’s is that doesn’t really have an RB to replace him. Tevin Coleman is the best RB now available with Arian Foster out as well. The next best…Charcandrick West? 6 points is fine to get you through a week or two, but with rumors that Jamaal Charles could be back this week, this team is looking to be in a tough spot. The silver lining for this roster - Willie Snead is the #2 WR through two weeks. Stefon Diggs? #3. Vance McDonald? #2 TE. And argument can be made for this team to be in a higher spot. If it weren’t for TWO RB injuries with no real reserves, this team would be one fighting for a playoff spot. Here’s hoping AP and AF get back on track quickly so team Wildcard can strike fear in others’ hearts again! (Last Week’s Rank: 10. Weeks at #10: 2)

I love you guys and hope you have a fantastic week. Go Niners and Saints in their rivalry games! And Ventura vs. Garrett with Chargers vs. Colts.
Blesings on you and best of luck in Week 3!