Commissioner Power Rankings - Week 3

We’re three weeks into the season. Things are starting to become clear in areas that were merely preseason speculation. Others mysteries have yet to be discovered as this week and next week see the release of Le’Veon Bell, Tom Brady, Jamaal Charles, and Josh Gordon. How will this affect players like DeAngelo Williams, Spencer Ware, and Terrelle Pryor? As with every week, the power rankings get shuffled up a bit, but maybe less than predicted as every projected winner last week won their matchup.
To our list:

WEEK 3 POWER RANKINGS

1. Santa Barbara Sailors - @jonathan . I’m going to be honest, I almost put my team here. I decided the Week 3 top team would be the team with the best matchups this week and Jon’s team has better matchups than mine. That’s it. (Last Week’s Rank: 1. Weeks at #1: 3)

2. TEAM DYNASTY - @IanC . See above. Also, see Le’Veon run for a week. That will give us a good indication of where this goes next week. (Last Week’s Rank: 2. Weeks at #2: 2)

3. Team Name Reserved For Garrett - @ianamunrud . Making a big jump this week is the #2 scoring team of last week. Luck doesn’t look great, but he’s a top 10 QB (Carr is also, so there). Dez is underperforming (he did come from the artist formerly known as The Underperformers), but there’s enough talent on this team to compensate each week. Also, who keeps giving this team first round picks? (Last Week’s Rank: 6. Trending UP 3)

4. All Aboard the Wentz Wagon - @chasenrogers . Well look at that. Trending even : ) . This team’s placement is largely due to others’ spots to be honest, but hey Marvin Jones? Who wouldda thunk? Ivory’s getting back and Moncrief’s out, so this may be the ceiling for this team for now. Larry had a mediocre week, but did you hear? He’s a top 5 WR. Conveniently for its spot here, this team scored 4th highest last week. (Last Week’s Rank: 4. Weeks at #4: 2)

5. Brandon McManus - @mikeastock . Wilson keeps giving injury scares and Jordy Nelson is on bye this week. I see this team’s potential similar to Chasen’s. Two of his WRs are on bye this week, so that’s why Chasen gets to keep his spot at number four. Frank Gore looked 5 years younger last week though… (Last Week’s Rank: 3. Trending DOWN 2)

6. We don’t pass 'round here - @awmelman . Does anyone else notice Melton in the Slack feed? It’s glorious. We need the Melton Voice of Reason in all of our lives. Also, this team may have lost this past week, but they were in the top half of our league in scoring. A bad schedule is why this team hasn’t won yet, they should have at least 1 win. Mike Wallace’s bad outing this week shows his boom-or-bust nature, but he’s the #10WR so far. If this team can rock the boat against Alex this week, they can get right back on track. (Last Week’s Rank: 8. Trending UP 2)

7. The Jackman’s Injured Reserve - @ventura . Drew Brees is the #2 QB this year so far and Ezekiel Elliot rushed for over 100 yards. Rawls is still out, so Christine Michael has a chance to earn a great role in the Seattle rushing game and he looked good this past week. This team’s RB situation has been by far the most fascinating all year. The Keenan Allen injury will be a moment that both this Chargers and this team will remember with pain as the season progresses however. (Last Week’s Rank: 9. Trending UP 2)

8. Mr. Hemingway I Presume - @gbhart . Did you know this team is currently 4th in PF in our league? That big week 2 may have inflated that stat however. Though, this team does have the #2 RB (Murray), #1 TE (Olsen), and #1 Kicker (Tucker) through three weeks of play. There’s plenty of hope for this team. I just have a feeling at some point defenses are going to key in on the Tennessee running game and make Mariota throw more (it didn’t work for him this past week). Torrey Smith has Glaine Babbert throwing the ball and there’s just something about ANYONE out in Cleveland that makes you hesitate, you know? (Last Week’s Rank: 7. Trending DOWN 1)

9. No QB, No TE, All Problems - @Alex . Is this team name a reference to that Meghan Trainor song? I don’t know. All I know is that this team’s coach did the best he could by playing his best active QB…for 4.8 points. Whoops. Brady’s not back yet and Le’Veon is. Vereen is possibly out for the year, Golden Tate isn’t as advertised, and Jamaal is only a MAYBE to be back this week. Things aren’t looking great. But hey, David Johnson. He’s a swell guy. Great draft pick. With a moderate showing this team can move back up the rankings with Brady’s suspension nearing its end, but for this week, not so much. (Last Week’s Rank: 5. Trending DOWN 4)

10. East of Sneaden - @PaulDawg . Coleman’s vulture TDs saved what could have been the newest low score in our league. This team was under 40 points with one player going into Monday night. Terrelle Pryor was a good pickup, but we still have a lot to see to know what to expect out in Cleveland. Jesse James saw a far share of passes his way, but things were not connecting for anyone not named Antonio Brown for the Steelers last week. This team has the tools to win and we all agree that Diggs is the man, but the boys are going to have to put in the work. Paul said it best himself, nowhere to go but up from here. (Last Week’s Rank: 10. Weeks at #10: 3)

Blessings gents. Love you all. Best of luck this next week!