Commissioner Power Rankings - Week 6 (2017)

As only could be predicted in our league, after five weeks, we have 8 teams with either a 3-2 or a 2-3 record. We’ve completed just under 40% of the regular fantasy season, and it’s all wide open.
I want to take the time at the top of the usual power rankings to give a shout out to our boy Jon Cook who is getting married this weekend! Blessings to you and Taylor as you step into a beautiful new chapter of life.
Second shout out to our boy Paul for trail blazing marriage in this league. I pray your time with Madi has been amazing brother. Love you both!

As for football, just a reminder that your top-3 fantasy scorers after five weeks: Alex Smith, Deshaun Watson, Kareem Hunt.
Let’s get to it!

Week 6 Power Rankings

1. Brandon McManus - @mikeastock . Poor showing this past week. However, with all the ups and downs this league has, there really isn’t a team to separate itself well enough to take the one spot away for now. So Mike remains on top. Russell Wilson is on bye, but have you heard of this Deshaun Watson guy? Gurley goes to Jax, and almost all of his starters have matchups against the lower half of defenses in terms of their position at fantasy. This team is craving a bounce-back game. (Last Week’s Rank: 1. Weeks at #1: 3)

2. Brady is Bae and Bae is life - @Alex . The Patriots are heading to play the Jets. Brady (QB3 entering the week) has a chance for a field day. Alex is also playing Ventura with the Cowboys on bye. This team is set up for a strong bouce-back week. (Last Week’s Rank: 2. Weeks at #2: 3)

3. TEAM DYNASTY - @IanC . Five weeks in, this team has had opponents score 100+ on them five consecutive times. It’s the only team in the league to face 100 points in all five weeks and is also leading the league in points against at 560.6 (teams are averaging 112.12 points each week). Only Paul’s team is close in that metric at 543.6 PA. All that to say that this team has its work cut out for it. Currently second in PF, this team has up-and-down matchups this week, but is in contending mode all the same. (Last Week’s Rank: 5. Trending UP 2)

4. Santa Barbara Sailors - @jonathan . Currently third in the league in PF, there is no doubt the loss of Beckham affects this team. Most teams would be completely destroyed by losing a player of that caliber. But the Sailors are a resilient team. A special team as Jon Gruden would say. Antonio Brown still anchors the WRs. Kareem Hunt is the best non-QB in fantasy right now. Jordan Howard, Cam Newton, Alex Smith, Jason Witten (on bye), Matt Bryant, and Robbie Gould are all top 10 at their positions, so this team has plenty going for it. Did I mention two kickers? That’s just a detail. Ignore it. (Last Week’s Rank: 3. Trending DOWN 1)

5. San Francisco Eagles - @awmelman . Just this morning the Saints sent Adrian Peterson to Arizona. That is good news for Mr. Mark Ingram. For a team that lost a top-10 RB last week, they’ve looked good. They traded away the #1 player in fantasy right now to even out their WR squad and WILL FULLER has looked real good in his first two games back. This team’s starting lineup is an interesting group of players, but there’s more reason to see this team finding success than not. (Last Week’s Rank: 9. Trending UP 4)

6. All Aboard the Wentz Wagon - @chasenrogers . I give you the only 4-1 team in the league. They’re in first place. All by themselves. No tiebreakers necessary. Also, they’re the sixth highest scoring team in the league. They’re bottom-3 in PA, but you take what you get. Now about this Fournette guy, his LOWEST point total in a week has been 12.1 and he has found the end zone in EVERY.SINGLE.GAME. so far this year. Jacksonville is going to feed their guy as long as they can. That Carson Wentz guy too - not too shabby, eh eh? A lot of this team’s success will ride on how the Vikings use Latavius Murray. If they lean on him and Zeke’s legal stuff ever happens this year, the whole league better watch out. (Last Week’s Rank: 6. Weeks at #6: 2)

7. Dez Mitches Be Crazy - @ianamunrud . AJ Green and Dez are on bye, which lowers the stock of the team, but Mitchell is the future and the future could just be now. Also Dougy Martin looked preeettty good in his first game back this year. This team is working on some things, but we know Ian A to be good planner and they will find a way to get back on track. (Last Week’s Rank: 7. Weeks at #7: 3)

8. If Zeke’s Good We’re Good - @ventura . No Zeke this week. That’s all there is to say here. DeVante Parker’s health is going to be very important for this team - Cutler loves throwing it to him. The matchups are pretty bad this week, so that’s affected the placement for them as well. (Last Week’s Rank: 4. Trending DOWN 4)

9. The Free Spirits - @PaulDawg . Paul’s spot here may surprise some after being our low score last week, but I feel that the poor performance of Diggs, Jeffery, and Engram all at once was a fluke. They might not all put up huge numbers every week, but the fact that all of them did so poorly in one week I do not think is a norm. The Giants are a mess, and Gallman/Engram may be some of the only guys getting the ball on that team. If Powell and Forte are out against New England, McGuire is the ball carrier himself. Diggs is still WR3 in fantasy, so if he is healthy I think he gets some good looks against Green Bay this week. Also Peterson is a Cardinal as of this morning. That could put him back on track for a comeback. Also, Marlon Mack looked good this past week. With all of these things said, I think there are some really good developments on this team. I hope they manifest fully to their potential this year, but even if it’s future stuff, I think this team has some quality players. (Last Week’s Rank: 8. Trending DOWN 1)

10. @mikeastock - @gbhart . It was funny seeing @mikeastock beat Mike A. Stock II this past week. Like all teams in the league, this team has good things going for it. The Watson rookie experience moved Hopkins to WR2 in just one week after having 3 scores against KC. Duke Johnson is getting more involved in Cleveland’s game plan (currently RB13) and Nelson Agholor is on his way to a good fantasy season. That said, the matchups aren’t fantastic this week and the QBs are on bye, so we’ll see how it all shakes up. I think there is great potential in this team if it continues to find success with the RBs and the WRs can keep their pace. (Last Week’s Rank: 10. Weeks at #10: 5)

That’s it for this week friends. I wish you all the best this week. It’s mid-October! Do something crazy fun this week!
Blessings.