Commissioner Power Rankings - Week 6

Another week in the books. Buffalo Wild Wings was awesome! It’s seriously one of my favorite days of the year. It’s up there with Christmas - not even kidding. Thanks for joining in on the fun. Shout out to Alex and Andrew V for that shootout game (134.1 to 123.3). As for standings, 40% of the league is at 2-4 and another 30% is at 3-3. We’re definitely on pace for the playoffs being decided the final week of the regular season. As usual, every team has a chance to win and should never be counted out. I’ve enjoyed analyzing and predicting each of the rosters based on how they’ve performed, how consistent that performance has been, and what expectations are in the short term. I hope you enjoy this week’s rankings.

WEEK 6 POWER RANKINGS

1. TEAM DYNASTY - @IanC . Ok Matt Ryan, I’ll put you in geez. Keep an eye on the Big Ben situation to see how Antonio Brown and Le’Veon do. Let’s go Landry Jones! (Last Week’s Rank:1. Weeks at #1: 3)

2. Santa Barbara Sailors - @jonathan . I need to say this off the bat: based on the numbers I use when considering these power rankings, the rankings currently are not 2 top teams and then the rest of the league. At this point in the season, the Sailors, Boys Are Back In Town, and Mr. Hemingway are all deserving of 2nd place in the standings. This team is 6-0, but is noticeably lower in points than Garrett and Andrew V’s teams (which are 2-4 and 3-3, respectively). This team has almost 200 (that’s TWO HUNDRED) less points against than Mike and Garrett’s teams. Ok, now that I’ve been a negative Nancy, I’m still keeping this team at 2nd in these rankings for one very simple reason. Of the teams I think that could be here, this team is projected a high score this week despite not having Cam or Kelvin (bye week). Additionally, AB and OBJ are top-5 WRs and Jordan Howard is looking like a great rookie pickup. I can point to the PA stat for this team’s 6-0 record all I want, but we have to say this team has capitalized on what has been given. (Last Week’s Rank: 2. Weeks at #2: 3)

3. Garrett - This team has 3 of the top 14 non-QB players in fantasy (compared to 2 each for Jon and Ian A). 3rd in PF. Top-10 QB, 2 Top-7 RBs, #2 Kicker, and #1 D/ST. Something something DeAndre Hopkins. This team has a tough matchup against the Sailors this week, but things ease up after that. To note: After a great first 4 weeks, Crowell has scored 4 points or less in the last two weeks. A 3-headed RB attack is what was keeping this team going, so if Crowell can’t turn things around, this team will be relying on Hopkins and Garcon to play like top-15WRs. Perhaps Kaepernick’s return makes Torrey Smith a viable option again? (Last Week’s Rank:4. Trending UP 1)

4. Meredith Is On My Team - @ianamunrud . A good and necessary comeback for this team. After scoring 85.8 last week, this team got back over the 100-point hurdle. There’s a lot of shuffling going on at WR in here and a lack of consistency has assuredly been a bother. The good: Lamar Miller did the thing he was supposed to do. With Osweiller’s mediocre play, one would think Miller is going to be having healthy point totals throughout this season. If Hyde’s injury isn’t serious, I think him to be a top-12 RB all season in any matchup. With those two and the ever-talented Gurley anchoring this team, expectations remain that they should win more than they lose. (Last Week’s Rank:5. Trending UP 1)

5. The Boys Are Back In Town - @ventura . A very tough loss for this team in a high scoring affair. Drew Brees has been as great as any good Saints fan could hope for. Christine Michael (yes, that Christine Michael) is the #11 RB in fantasy up to this point. Martellus Bennett? Yeah, still #2 TE. And of course the artist formerly known as the kicker store would have the #1 K in Adam Vinatieri. That to say, this team could be much higher on the rankings, but Stewart and Zeke are on bye. How 'bout them Cowboys? (Last Week’s Rank:6. Trending UP 1)

6. Now That’s What I Call QB, 69 - @Alex. David Johnson. (Last Week’s Rank:8. Trending UP 2)

7. Brandon McManus @mikeastock . I KNOW THIS TEAM IS 1-5 OK?? But unlike the Browns, Mike’s team can actually win. Playing against Jon last week did not help the team leading the league in PA. This team is in the top half of PF and is sincerely the most unlucky team in terms of matchups. If they played the average team each week, they would be 3-3. Not only that, but this team would be in FOURTH place due to PF. But alas, Mike has not played against average numbers. This week he has Paul followed by Melton, Alex, and Melton again. The crazy thing that no one sees coming is that if they go on a 4-game winning streak (which, by the numbers is possible), this team can still be a playoff team. Given the history, there’s no way that’s happening. But dag nabbit, I gotta put down what the numbers say! Mike Evans at San Francisco this week. It could be the start of something, who knows? (Last Week’s Rank:7. Weeks at #7: 2)

8. Pass 'Round Here - @awmelman . KENNY BRITT? Are you kidding me?! Kenny Britt was started in just 7.5% of ESPN leagues last week. Melton, your genius is showing. Am I buying on this WR team of Britt, Lockett, and Royal? Frankly, no. Will Fuller’s dealing with injuries, so docked points there. The Melvin Gordon train continues to move forward and Jimmy Graham is starting to look like his old self again - so there is upside! This team still has an uphill battle, but they are right in the thick of things still. (Last Week’s Rank:10. Trending UP 2)

9. All Aboard the Wentz Wagon - @chasenrogers . A very poor showing this past week. I’m cheating a bit for this one as Chasen and I talked about power rankings a week or so back. As such I don’t feel bad about putting him here beneath the team he just lost to. That to say, This team could trend up five spots in a week if it wanted to. Kaep’s starting (say what?) and Baldwin, M. Jones, and Fitz can give this team a W. The RB game here is a little iffy, but I think Gio can be useful moving forward this season. Of note: this team is 3rd to last in PF and PA, which for me says that the 2-4 W-L is fair. The good news is that the season is playing out that a .500 W-L is a playoff team. (Last Week’s Rank:3. Trending DOWN 6)

10. East of Sneaden - @PaulDawg . This team scored our league’s 3rd lowest points total ever in week 6 and the loss of Big Ben Roethlisberger doesn’t help a case to get out out of the basement. Luckily, Stafford can hold down the fort. Perhaps Ben will be back before the Lions Week 10 bye. There were zero bright spots for this team this past week. Moving forward, Diggs is back and Pryor looks like an every-week kind of guy. Hoyer is looking competent and hopefully Jeffery can get some points from that. These wildcard WRs need to stabilize so that Paul can work his way back up the ranks. I think if this team can win 2 of it’s next 3, playoff hopes can be held on to. (Last Week’s Rank:9. Trending DOWN 1)

That’s it. Blessings and best of luck in the week ahead. If you could all be winners, I would make it so. But I can’t. Sorry. Here’s to another week!