Commissioner Power Rankings - Week 7 (2019)

This week marks the halfway point through the season. How ya feeling about your chances? It’s been Attack-of-the-Schedule for a few of us, but it’s kept the standings interesting. Also… only one week until Buffalo Wild Wings!!!
It’s a memory-maker every time. One way or another…

With that…

1. All or Nothing - @mikeastock . WR’s on bye, but Barkley might be back. This is the team to beat so far in 2019. Not much else to add. DJ and Lindsay are both top-12 RBs, Kelce is TE3, and Russell Wilson is the #1 player in fantasy right now. (Previous Ranking: 1. Weeks at #1: 3)

2. Tainted Tates - @Alex . No CMC (RB1), but this is your top team in points scored so far. Patriots D/ST has been a ridiculous fantasy asset over the year. They are the 9th best OVERALL scoring entity in fantasy. What the heck. Thielen is WR6, Brady is QB8, yada yada. This team just needs to beat Sleeper’s schedule more than anything else. (Previous Ranking: 2. Weeks at #2: 2)

3. TEAM DYNASTY - @IanC . 3rd in PF. If owning RB2’s was the way to win, this team would be in first. Chris Carson is RB9, but otherwise it’s a lot of above-average-but-not-top-dogs at RB right now. Lamar Jackson is the 2nd highest scoring player in fantasy so far, and Michael Thomas + Julio Jones are both top-8 WRs. Staying competitive, even with bottom-half defenses. (Previous Ranking: 4. Trending UP 1)

4. The Slye Dogs - @awmelman . No idea what has gotten into Ingram (RB5), but with Dalvin Cook (RB2), and Amari Cooper (WR3), this team is in a good spot. Add in the fact that Tyreek Hill is back and you’ve got a good shot at winning a matchup against any team in the league. (Previous Ranking: 3. Trending DOWN 1)

5. Dr. Steve Brule’s Hunks - @ventura Kyler Murray is QB7 on the year with six weeks in the books. This team is 4th in PF, and it has Austin Hooper to thank. Hooper is 10 points ahead of any other TE in the league at this point. Keenan Allen (WR10), Zeke (RB8), and Josh Jacobs (RB14) are keeping this team going, even with Jacobs on bye this week. (Previous Ranking: 8. Trending UP 3)

6. Boydz in the Hood - @PaulDawg . We’re all keeping an eye on Deshaun Watson (QB3) to see if the trade for Saquon will be justified as the years go on. This team actually is solid at WR and the re-emergence of Tevin Coleman could mean big things for the Niners and for our boy Paul’s squad. Don’t forget Evan Engram, he’s a top-5 TE. (Previous Ranking: 7. Trending UP 1)

7. Santa Barbara Sailors - @jonathan . Coooooooooooper Kupp is WR5. Moscow Mule for days. This team has players like Miles Sanders & Calvin Ridley waiting to burst on through, but the ups and downs of the Cleveland Browns has been the story of Jon’s fantasy team this year so far. If Baker can turn his offense around, this team’s season will get back on track quick. (Previous Ranking: 9. Trending UP 2)

8. Playoff Kershaw - @ianamunrud . Team Potential. They’re last in PF, but I’m always a believer in Ian squads. I like the WRs, and I think there’s a bright future ahead. Probably not Week 7 of 2019, but the talent is there that I wouldn’t be surprised if they go off randomly here and there. (Previous Ranking: 6. Trending DOWN 2)

9. Hemingway’s Horde - @gbhart Alvin Kamara looking like me might not play on Sunday helped this one out. This team is all about Hopkins and DJ Chark. And some guy named Kittle. Ay yo Derrick Henry is RB10 tho too! There’s some sparks. Just maybe without Alvin. (Previous Ranking 5: Trending DOWN 4)

10. Talent Incubator - @chasenrogers . We’re all really glad you got married Chasen! Really. Let’s keep focusing on that. Did you enjoy your honeymoon? I hope so. you’ve got a great job, a lovely spouse, and a great group of friends. Let’s focus on the good things. (Previous Ranking: let’s just not worry about that now)

Read (past tense) and Wept.