Commissioner Power Rankings - Week 7

Commissioner’s Note: I had literally written all but TWO SENTENCES on this when Chrome crashed. I will try and recreate what I had written before. Just know in your hearts that it was the greatest Power Rankings ever. The opening was perfect. The notes were perfect. The blessing at the end was perfect. Onward we must go.

We are officially halfway through our regular season and what a week it was for fantasy football! Out of the 5 teams in the bottom of our standings entering the week, FOUR of them beat teams in the top half. To add to that, we now have SIX teams at a 3-4 record with two others at 2-5. Teams will be fighting tooth and nail to get a playoff spot this year and it’s shaping up to be a worthwhile week 13. But were aren’t there yet. So let us move forward.

POWER RANKINGS WEEK 7

1. TEAM DYNASTY - @IanC . I’m Matt Berry. The Bills are an automatic play this week (-5pts). Matt Forte is not trustworthy to start (25.4pts). Bell is out this week so Forte is in against Cleveland’s rank 28th RB fantasy D/ST. You know what that means. 3pts. (Last Week’s Rank: 1. Weeks at #1: 4)

2. Mr. Hemingway I Presume - @gbhart . BET YOU DIDN’T SEE THIS COMING. Or maybe you did. I don’t know. This is really just a reward for beating Jon this past week. Plus, Jon has OBJ/AB/Jarvis on bye this week. So with a high PF and a big victory with highest score, this team is awarded this spot. (Last Week’s Rank: 3. Trending UP 1)

3. Santa Barbara Sailors - @jonathan . See above. This week OBJ/AB/Jarvis are all on BYE. After this week, this team is looking real good with its lineup. Cam, OBJ, AB, Jarvis, Kelvin, Spencer Ware(?!) are all done with BYEs. Also, Spencer Ware, really?? I have him at work and it’s been a difference maker. Expect this team to reclaim it’s spot soon enough. (Last Week’s Rank: 2. Trending DOWN 1)

4. Brandon McManus - @mikeastock . Congrats on the W Mike. Of course after all the weeks of talking about how many points this team has scored compared to its poor record, this team goes off and scores its LOWEST TOTAL of the season and WINS. Figures. Fantasy Football… How does a team score under 90 and find itself here? By my thinking that 0.9 from Jordy Nelson and 2.9 from Cooper are not going to be the norm. Anderson looked good on Monday night, and Franky G can score. Also Russell Wilson will be scoring more than 9 points in the future. The only big question here is Terrance West. EIGHT carries for TEN yards. oof. That FLEX spot will be something to keep an eye on in the coming weeks. Jordan Matthews is there now but we could see Davante Adams and Rishard Matthews in there as well. With Melton-Alex-Melton coming up, we’ll have a better idea of where this team is going in a few weeks. (Last Week’s Rank: 7. Trending UP 3)

5. All Aboard the Wentz Wagon - @chasenrogers . Great win this week. Jacquizz man. What a great pickup (and DAN BAILEY!). Kaep is playing again. Larry and Marvin are top-10 WRs and L. Murray is looking healthy. All the while Sammie Coates is a morale booster at all times. Was this week a taste of things to come perhaps? (Last Week’s Rank: 9. Trending UP 4)

6. Meredith Is In My Lineup - @ianamunrud . Maybe this is what you get for announcing your girlfriend in your lineup, idk. It was a poor showing for this team this past week. Everyone not named Andrew Luck has been inconsistent all year. For example: AJ Green is the #2 fantasy WR, but let me pick out four of his weekly scores out of seven: 3.8, 7.7, 5, 8.8. By most of the metrics I use for these, this team should be bottom three. But here’s the thing: I believe in this team. I believe in its players (come on Allen Robinson!) and I believe in its coach. This coach brings a culture of winning and I think he can instill it in his players yet. I’ll say that through Week 16 if I have to. (Last Week’s Rank: 4. Trending DOWN 2)

7. The Boys Are Back In Town - @ventura . Tough week this week. Luckily from here on out, this team should be able to play C. Michael and Zeke through the rest of the season. Despite that, there are a lot of questions on this team. Usually I would give the team that is second in PF a higher score, but check this: If you take the one week where this team record a LEAGUE RECORD in points for (179.4) and make that an 100-point week, this team’s total PF would be 679.1 - good for sixth in our league. Initially, 100 points was selected arbitrarily as a threshold most teams cross in a winning week, but then I averaged the points this team has scored every week excluding that historic week. This team’s average PF? 96.5. (Last Week’s Rank: 5. Trending DOWN 2)

8. A Britt Of Hope - @awmelman . Great win this week! This team is still in the bottom half of PF, but with a few more 115-point weeks, I expect this team to see more wins, the playoffs, and a bump in the power rankings. It should be noted that this week’s 116.7 marks this team’s highest total this year and only the second time it’s crossed 100 points. However, this team has the most interest person in fantasy right now: Ty Montgomery is marked as both WR and RB for the rest of the season. Currently with starting running back duties in Green Bay, Ty gives Melton a chance to have 3.5 starting RBs (I’m counting Ivory as 1/2). Since he can play Ty at WR , he can help make up for his team’s weakness in WR. Will Fuller still looks good (he is coming off an injury) and J. Crowder is reaping the benefits of Jordan Reed’s injury. If this team stays the course it set last week, the dream of playoffs may be a reality. (Last Week’s Rank: 8. Weeks at #8: 2)

9. Now That’s What I Call QB, 69 - @Alex . I just needed somewhere to put Alex. Something something Brady, Gronk, Patriots. Something Crabtree every-other week. Something David Johnson is a stud. Something lol Jamaal.
    On another note, this team should prepare to be in the 10th position for power rankings next week barring something unforseen. The Patriots will be on BYE. After that, we will resume more regular research and analysis.
    (Last Week’s Rank: 6. Trending DOWN 3)

10. Double WIENER All The Way - @PaulDawg . Man. What is going on here? All I can say is that we are all cheering for Stefon Diggs, for Pryor, for Sneed, and for Stafford. This team has a lot of adversity to overcome. It’s going to need some Disney-Magic. But if this team can rise up and find itself in the playoffs, the story of how it got there is going to be movie worthy. We’re all cheering for you man. (Last Week’s Rank: 10. Weeks at #10: 2)

I am bummed that I had to write this twice, but you guys are worth it. I love this league and I love you all. I wish you each the best of luck in your fantasy and real lives.
Blessings.