Commissioner Power Rankings - Week 9 (2017)

Halfway through the entire fantasy season. Over 60% done with the regular season.
With Chasen and Jon’s losses last week, we have four teams all caught in the top of the standings. I think we’re all pretty confident this is going to come down to some week 13 craziness to figure out the playoffs this year. Even more important is that we are only 19 days away from being full of flavored chicken and beer while causing a positive raucous in San Luis Obispo. I think raucouses can be positive, you just gotta look at 'em the right way.
But we’re not there yet. We’re caught at a 4-way tie for 1st, a 3-way tie for 5th and no team more than two games out of the playoff picture. It’s nuts.

Week 9 Power Rankings

1. TEAM DYNASTY - @IanC . Gotta be #1 in PF and PA. Pittsburgh and New England are on bye, but the subs should play fine and Dak will hopefully turn it around to keep things rolling. (Last Week’s Rank: 1. Weeks at #1: 2)

2. Santa Barbara Sailors - @jonathan . A valiant effort by the Chiefs on Monday night to bring this team over 100 points for the fifth time this season. In 7 of the 8 weeks, this team has scored 93.3 points or more. They’re currently in 3rd in PF and Alex Smith (fantasy’s number 1 player) has a pretty good matchup at Dallas this week. Expect a bounce-back. (Last Week’s Rank: 2. Weeks at #2: 2)

3. San Francisco Eagles - @awmelman . Don’t look now, but Melton’s team has been the weekly high score 3 of our 8 weeks and is only 1 high score week away from tying our league record. What a comeback for the team that lost both Dalvin Cook and Aaron Rodgers! How about that Will Fuller V? When your last last name is a roman numeral and you missed the first 3 games, but still are 9th in the league at your position, you know life is good. All he does is catch TDs. No Gordon and McKinnon this week, so they get a hit on that, but the team is still rolling with Ingram, Fuller, and Hill. (Last Week’s Rank: 3. Weeks at #3: 2)

4. (AJ) GREEN CARRd - @ianamunrud . With the Pats on bye (see below), this team gets a bit of a jump in the rankings. Last week didn’t go very well, but this team has the right names to be competitive. There’s been a lot of moving about in the rankings and while this team is stuck in the middle of the standings, they don’t have any starters on bye this week (well, except Mitchell Trubs) so they’re at a solid place for week 9. (Last Week’s Rank: 4. Weeks at #4: 2)

5. Brady is Bae and Bae is Life - @Alex . I had this team at 4th, then noticed that its the Patriots bye week, so… nah. However, as much as I would like to bring this team down the standings, it’s taken more than just New England players to get this team in 4th for PF. They are currently one of the four teams tied for first in the standings and Goff and Tate have good matchups this week. I expect this team to put up a decent fight this week and then to find success in the remaining weeks of the season. (Last Week’s Rank: 5. Weeks at #5: 2)

6. Magic Mike v4.7.79 - @mikeastock . If nothing else, this team is set at QB. Russell Wilson is QB5 and Deshaun Watson has been nothing short of a fantasy stud since he took over the starting job in Houston. With Todd Gurley back (RB2) and Mike Evans (WR7) going to New Orleans, Mike is looking to end his losing streak against a Pat-less Alex team. There are some WR questions here with GB coming off bye and deploying Hundley at QB, but the RBs are the real intrigue here. Dion Lewis, DeAndre Washington, Tarik Cohen, and Orleans Darkwa all present interesting fantasy options from Mike’s bench. I’m interested to see if one of those guys makes big moves for this team down the stretch. (Last Week’s Rank: 10. Trending UP 4)

7. All Aboard the Wentz Wagon - @chasenrogers . Tough outing this past week. This team needs Fournette back now. The ranking here assumes Fournette plays. The matchups aren’t amazing, but Marvin Jones in GB on Monday night and Fitz in SF could be good plays this week. However, the biggest decision this team has this week is whether to play a Dallas RB and WHICH Dallas RB will it be? This is an opportunity Chasen prepared for during the initial waiver wire pickups at the start of the year and we will get to see how it plays out with the Zeke suspension looming (again). (Last Week’s Rank: 6. Trending DOWN 1)

8. Hemingway’s Horde - @gbhart . Big win this past week! DeAndre Hopkins is on fire with Deshaun Watson playing so well. Now he gets to go to an Indy team that’s 28th against WRs. Hopkins, Kamara, and a Titans RB by themselves can make for a pretty good week, so I wouldn’t be surprised if this team is in top-5 scoring again this week. I think the teams ranked above have enjoyed a bit more consistency, but I’m saying right now that I’m ready to start moving this team up the rankings if they continue off of their week 8 success! (Last Week’s Rank: 8. Weeks at #8: 3)

9. Mack n Cheesin’ ALL DAY - @PaulDawg . Up and down and up and down. The season’s been a wacky one for our Wheaties lovin pretty boy. AP is going to SF though and you know teams can run on the Niners. How much will Drew Stanton starting hinder AP? Only time will tell. The rest of the matchups are pretty bad… except that JAGS D BABY! Watch 'em get 30 points and lead PaulDawg to a victory. Note: If the Jags D qualified for other fantasy positions, they would be - QB20, WR2 (not kidding), RB7, TE1, or K1 and that’s coming off a bye week! (Last Week’s Rank: 9. Weeks at #9: 4)

10. Valley of Dry Bones - @ventura . This is the “No Zeke” ranking for this team. Also Keenan Allen on bye and Zach Miller on bye indefinitely. Parker should be back so that’s nice. And Brees is nice and uh… Maclin sometimes catches TDs. Oh! Vinatieri has a good matchup. There’s something. Things look tough for this team moving forward. Perhaps if they can hold onto a playoff spot, Zeke will be back in time to run over the competition in the playoffs. That’s actually a possible scenario - but this team has to get there first! (Last Week’s Rank: 7. Trending DOWN 3)

That’s all for this week team. Keep being the best you there is! And also, happy early birthday to our boy @jonathan !!
Blessings.