Commissioner Power Rankings - Week 9

Every team has played everyone once this season and we are heading into the home stretch. The majority of the league is within a game of a playoff spot and these next four weeks will decide who is in and who is out. Can you believe there are only four weeks left in our fantasy regular season?
As per usual, these spots have the smallest of gaps between them. The number nine team could totally jump to spot four or five with a good week or two.

POWER RANKINGS WEEK 9

1. TEAM DYNASTY - @IanC . Bell has another tough matchup this week, but the schedule eases up after that. TY is and LeSean are on BYE (#5 WR and #6 RB), but Jordan Reed is back on the field. Also, for the first time ever, this team had multiple defenses it could have played with double-digit points. It’s a Christmas miracle. Because you can play Christmas songs all year long…in your heart. (Last Week’s Rank: 1. Weeks at #1: 6)

2. Like Uber, but for Kickers - @ventura . Out of nowhere, Ventura’s team is taking 2nd on this week’s power rankings. This team is second in PF (36.5 more than Jon) and has been fairly consistent in its scoring week-in and week-out. This team is riding on its running backs, no doubt. The combo of Elliot and Brees (#4 RB and #2 QB) means that this team is in it every week. Also Adam Vinatieri is a stud (on BYE this week). There are still some “what ifs” on this team like what if Tyrell Williams isn’t the #1WR on the Chargers? and what if Jonny Stewart doesn’t get the rock all that much? Despite these, I got to give credit where it’s due and our second highest scoring team gets its props. (Last Week’s Rank: 5. Trending UP 3)

3. Santa Barbara Sailors - @jonathan . After a two week spin, this team is back on track. This past week was the best kind of week in fantasy - where the top-5 scoring teams each won. That to say, this team was the fifth-highest score. No doubt this team has the players to win, but there seems to be fresh obstacles each and every week. What I know is this: Brown, Beckham, and Benjamin (Jon’s Killer-B’s if you will) are studs. Everything else with rotating RBs and QBs (Cam is #16 QB so far) needs to be figured out week-to-week, but this backbone makes this team a top consideration every week. (Last Week’s Rank: 2. Trending DOWN 1)

4. Brandon McManus - @mikeastock . I TOLD YOU! Didn’t I tell you? I totally did. Mike’s team got third highest score this week because numbers are finally starting to add up. Russell Wilson may not be on his A-game this year (though 26 points this past week thanks to Jimmy G…), but Mike Evans is your #2 fantasy WR (that’s right), Jordy Nelson still gets points and FRANK GORE is a top-10 RB. Gore and Cooper are on BYE, but I think this team deserves this spot nonetheless if only for moving from dead last to 5th in the standings in such a short amount of time. This team is 4th in PF. It will have a challenge against a surging Melton team this week, but this team is looking like it only needs to win 2 of it’s next 4 to make the playoffs. (Last Week’s Rank: 4. Weeks at #4: 3)

5. Still All In On Allen - @ianamunrud . I’m being nice. I know. ONE MORE WEEK. I’ll keep them in the top 6 another week. You’ll see. This team is a good team. Ajayi is playing way beyond what I ever imagined him to do. Todd Gurley is a talent waiting to go and AJ Green is your #3 fantasy WR. I’m not ready to write this team out. I just can’t do it. It’s a flaw, I know. (Last Week’s Rank: 3. Trending DOWN 2)

6. A Britt Of Hope - @awmelman . Ok. If you have another week like this past one, you will continue to move up these rankings. Everything went right for this team last week. It reminds me of another Andrew team earlier this year… Melton’s score this past week was our 3rd highest ever in league history. Ingram surged against a 49er run defense, Melvin Gordon continues his #1 fantasy RB campaign and JIMMY GRAHAM showed up. After that hype, I will remind us that this team has gone above 100-points only 3 times in 9 weeks. I also believe Kenny Britt is more of a 6-9 point player and Mike Wallace will have as many sub-6 point weeks as he does over-12 point weeks. All that to say, a great and well-earned win this past week. If this is a trend that continues, then we will see this team in the playoffs. (Last Week’s Rank: 7. Trending UP 1)

7. Now That’s What I Call QB, 69 - @Alex . Patriots (and David Johnson) are back off bye. After suffering lowest score this week, this team isn’t going to look back because New England is staying in the roster. Also David Johnson is running against the 49ers. Also also, did anyone notice that Mariota is the #7QB in fantasy? The times they are a changin’ I suppose. (Last Week’s Rank: 10. Trending UP 3)

8. Mr. Hemingway I Presume - @gbhart . This spot is really unfair to this team. They’re 6th in PF and Demarco Murray and the Vikings D/ST has looked great all year. That said, Dalton is up against a top-5 D/ST against QBs this week. In fact, 6 of the 10 starters I anticipate this team to put forth this week have matchups against top-9 teams against their position. It’s a bad matchup week despite not having any usual starters out. This team’s best WR is the #37 fantasy WR (Hopkins). Crowell has been steady, but not effective enough to carry these WRs on his back like Murray has been trying to do. It’s going to be a tough week for this poetic team. (Last Week’s Rank: 9. Trending UP 1)

9. All Aboard the Wentz Wagon - @chasenrogers . It brings me 0 units of joy to put this team here. If it weren’t for a 3-TD performance my Latavius Murray though, this team’s totals would have been very different. If Murray scored a 10-point week (a likely scenario in my eyes), this team’s weekly total is 72 points, good for second-to-last. Murray is on BYE this week. Marvin Jones is also on BYE and he seems to be cooling off after a hot start as Golden Tate becomes more involved in the Lions offense. Also, Kaep’s passing yards may be inflated by YAC from DuJuan Harris as well as a porous Saints defense. The good news in replacements is that Fitz is up against San Francisco if he can play this week and Sanders gets the ever-talented Saints defense. In other good news COREY COLEMAN is playing! Chasen’s first round draft pick is back on the field and we’ll get to see how his investment plays out. (Last Week’s Rank: 6. Trending DOWN 3)

10. Equipe Wildcard - @PaulDawg . Part man, part myth, somewhat legend. Paul’s team is like that burrito that you know exists somewhere in the world that is better than any burrito you’ve ever had before and would ever have afterward. You know it in your heart that this elusive meal would change your life if you could find it. You travel by foot and by man-powered bicycle cart to all the regions of the world, only realizing in error that you didn’t need to go to all regions of the world once you got to Russia because you thought, “well, duh a good burrito would be in the southern U.S. or Mexico.” In your frustration you begin an arms race with Putin where you meet on an Olympic track and race while doing a handstand to declare whose arms truly race the fastest. You then make your own adult beverage with better advertising than Dos XXX Equis and flavor that has literally never been tasted before, like a nectar for those who thirst for adventure and true love. (Last Week’s Rank: 8. Trending DOWN 2)

You are all winners in my book : ) . I wish you a week of fun, friends, and some combination of adult beverages and video games.
Blessings.