Ideas to promote/help with trades.

Since the whole idea of limited transactions was to promote trading, I’ve come up with a few ideas that also might help. Would love to hear what ya’ll think of it.

I was making some lists for myself (including the one I’m about to suggest) and I came up with the idea of a trade block/depth chart. I think it’d be really helpful if the coaches could set up depth charts for each position based on how they value them. You can do 2 lists (one for this year and one with a dynasty mind) or just 1 overall list. It’d be fairly simple, just rank them how you value them. And then have a third column where you say whether they are tradable or not. Y for yes, N for no, and ? for it being possible. That way it saves time in the long run so people don’t keep hounding you for someone that isn’t tradable. What are your thoughts? Also if you don’t want to have rankings as free game we could also just have a trade block where we put what position and type we’re looking for and/or willing to give up. Like “Current Producing RB” and “Depth/Future Producing WR.” Let me know what ya’ll think.

We could either post on a thread on the website, where people can edit their comments to adjust lists throughout the year or we could set up a google doc easily.

ESPN has a trading block feature where you can list players you are willing to trade on the trading block. It also has an area for comments

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/tradingblock?leagueId=186439&teamId=9

(link only works when already signed into espn.com)

That’s an option too, but point is it will only be as effective as we use it. I personally would love a depth chart. It’d be really fun and more like an actual NFL team where depth charts are public info.

I feel iffy on the depth chart, but would love to have a trading block on this site where we could post players (hopefully without them getting lost in a long stream of comments) and what positions we are interested in.

What are your reasons for feeling iffy about it?

Obscuring feelings about the players on your team is a big bargaining chip. I wouldn’t have huge aversions to it though.

1 Like

Didn’t think about that. But if someone is valued higher than you would value them, that doesn’t change what you would and wouldn’t trade for. So really I don’t think it would change too much.