Predraft Power Rankings

One of my favorite parts last year was ranking how we thought the league was going to end and seeing how close (and how off) we were. I propose doing so this year as well. Here are my Predraft Power Rankings. I will also post a Postdraft Power Rankings as well.

1. In tenth we have Andrew Melton. Of course no one wants to be picked last, but it must be done. So I pick the man who will be the least upset by this pick. He is also conveniently the last to join the league and not on this website yet. Not much is known about him fantasy wise, and thus he is placed at the bottom.

2. @mikeastock gets hit with the ninth spot. With a loss of just a point in the semi final (of a redraft league) last year this may seem as a slight shock. However, I peg Stock to be one who values depth over winning now. And thus I seem him finishing low, but just for this season.

3. An international player gets the next spot. @PaulDawg is new to this fantasy group, but not to fantasy overall. However the fact that he will be focused on ministry (and not in the form of fantasy football ministry) plays a vital part in knocking him down to spot 8. Will he have enough time to manage his team with the time needed for victory? Only time will tell.

4. @Alex the grad student gets the next spot. It’s not the distance that knocks him from third (in the previous league) last year to 7th, but the time commitment. Will he pour his free time into fantasy football? Will he invest in 2 teams? Will he prove me wrong? These are questions that shall certainly be answered in the coming year.

5. @chasenrogers takes the first/last playoff spot in this ranking. He has promise, he has looks, but he has a girlfriend. Will she be busy enough for him to have the time to compete in this league of heavyweights? Will he ever be at home enough to actually do research? The answer to both may be yes, but even then will it be enough?

6. @gbhart had the worst luck last year. However I see that luck turning around. The one man under 21 currently turns of legal age during the season. Will the alcohol help his game (like me in beer pong) or will it hurt his game (like me in beer pong a few drinks later)? I predict a playoff finish for the youngest, and quite possibly most stylish man in the league.

7. After winning the league last year and talking more smack than anyone so far, I place myself in the 4th spot. Will my pride knock me down further? Or will my raw talent and mastery of fantasy football propel me further than anyone (but me) expects? Definitely the latter.

8. In the third spot I have a newbie to fantasy football in @jonathan. Will his numbers game help establish him as a threat in the league? Or will the numbers backfire and luck will prevail?

9. In second, is the man who got second last year. The one, the only, the ex commissioner Andrew Ventura. Also not on the website yet, but still a threat. I believe the anger of losing the commissioner spot will only fuel his desire for victory more.

10. And in the top spot of my predraft rankings is @IanC. No that is not a typo. I did not mean myself. Charbonnet had an excellent team last year, but points against screwed him over. I predict better matchups, because I don’t know how they could have been much worse. Charbonnet is a threat to contend with.

1 Like

I lol’d at Garrett’s re: you & beer pong.

We’ll all definitely have to do a power rankings after draft and before week 1.

edit: I’ll put a 45-seconds-of-thought pre draft list.
(there is seriously no way to do this without being a jerk)

1. Paul (ouch)
  2. Melton
  3. Chasen
  4. Ventura
  5. Hart
  6. Stock
  7. Cook
  8. Me
  9. Rud
  10. Johnson

Let’s see if this gets swapped in a week!

edit edit:
More random, no research, minimal thought thoughts!

1. Melton will have the least number of transactions all season.
  2. I will be the most vocal user on the internet
  3. Ventura will make commissioner comments at some point
  4. Mike will have an opinion I disagree with
  5. There will be more than 1 week where many people cheer for Garrett to win
  6. DeSean Jackson is either the man or a huge bust
  7. 3 RBs picked in the first 10 RBs aren’t starting by week 12 due to either injury or failure
  8. 1 rookie WR gets a crap ton of fantasy points, and it’s not one of the top 4 rookie potentials now
  9. Paul won’t say that much, but when he does, it’s going to be hilarious
  10. We will all poke fun at Alex when the Patriots get decimated this year…but it may only happen once.
  11. The Panthers fall apart.
  12. The Niners just barely fail to make expectations…again
  13. I laugh when the Panthers fall apart.
  14. Matt Prater does something stupid.

#14, like getting a dui at denver’s most renowned strip club?

@IanC… 7th?.. ouch.

Feeling some disrespect here. @ianamunrud I think you have some sound reasoning behind my ranking. I admit, there are some questions around my life ‘off the field’. However I come to play, and I play to win.

I hope to prove my doubters wrong.

Big talk coming from a rookie.

I gave you props you jerk!

Hey now. No need for name calling…

It’s time to walk that line Chasen. That fine line of honoring your brother

ALL THE WHILE CALLING HIM OUT FOR BEING CRAPPY AT FANTASY FOOTBALLLLLLLL
bring it.
I love this part :slight_smile: hahaha

also, I would love some pre-draft & post draft power rankings from you @chasenrogers

I accept your collective challenge on my fantasy game.