Schedule Dependence of Record

Yo yo yo, thanks for stopping by for J-Cook’s one look. At the point in the season every player in the league has played every over player exactly once. With some players ( @gbhart for example) seemingly getting shafted by an unfortunate matchup, I thought it would be interesting to look at all 362,880 possible ways @IanC could have arranged the schedule. I wrote up some simple code and used data from the first 9 weeks to get some interesting results.

BY PROJECTED POINTS

Maximum wins by player:
Chasen-9
Melton-9
Amunrud-9
Charbs-7
Hart-9
Jonathan-7
Johnson-9
Ventura-7
Stock-9
Miyake-5

Minimum
Chasen-0
Melton-1
Amunrud-1
Charbs-2
Hart-0
Jonathan-1
Johnson-1
Ventura-0
Stock-1
Miyake-1

Average
Chasen-6.33
Melton-3.56
Amunrud-6.56
Charbs-4.89
Hart-5.33
Jonathan-4.11
Johnson-4.56
Ventura-2.67
Stock-3.89
Miyake-3

BY ACTUAL POINTS

Maximum wins by player:
Chasen-9
Melton-7
Amunrud-9
Charbs-8
Hart-9
Jonathan-8
Johnson-8
Ventura-7
Stock-7
Miyake-8

Minimum
Chasen-2
Melton-0
Amunrud-2
Charbs-1
Hart-2
Jonathan-0
Johnson-3
Ventura-0
Stock-0
Miyake-0

Average
Chasen-5.33
Melton-2.22
Amunrud-6.67
Charbs-5.22
Hart-6.78
Jonathan-4.56
Johnson-5.89
Ventura-1.89
Stock-3.78
Miyake-2.67

That last one converted to standings if they were based on the average of all possible configs. of schedules:

1. Hart-6.78
  2. Amunrud-6.67
  3. Johnson-5.89
  4. Chasen-5.33
  5. Charbs-5.22
  6. Jonathan-4.56
  7. Stock-3.78
  8. Miyake-2.67
  9. Melton-2.22
  10. Ventura-1.89
1 Like

DANGIT JON PROJECTED POINTS DON’T MEAN ANYTHING!!!

But cool stuff man! The difference in maximum wins and losses is insane. Such a difference things could have made. Especially Ventura’s luck with the schedule as someone who has scored the least number of points. It’s interesting to me that Alex’s average is the closest to his actual record than anyone else’s. It’s also interesting that there is no average ABOVE 6, which is the maximum number of wins in our league at this points.

Final point: Garrett continues to get the short end of the stick, but at least he’s only one game out. Ventura has lucked out that he’s only two games out.

I like to think of myself as a fantasy player who either meets or slightly exceeds expectations. So be careful projecting me to go first, because dammit I’ll do it.

There is an average above 6 though, both Garret and Amunrud. Interesting that the top 6 players at this point in the season (9 weeks) were the ones in the playoffs.

Also, I could’ve made this way more readable. I’ll be better this year.