2019 Preseason Team Rankings

It’s time! It’s finally time! No…not for our sixth season to start, but almost. It’s time for us to release our annual preseason team rankings. Time for us to be disappointed, laugh, guess, make fools of ourselves, etc. There are going to be many, many wrong guesses, but maybe, just maybe, someone will have the perfect rankings! (Probably not, but they’re fun to make anyway). This is a place for you all to post your rankings! Happy reading!

1 Like
  1. Ian Charbonnet:
    This team is freaking STACKED. I always place him in the top three and well, there is good reason for that. The man has won more times than the rest of the league combined. He’s been in the finals the last 4 years and placed 4th the first year (where there was nothing on the line in the 3rd place game and he didn’t even check the active player list before the sunday morning games). This team is just unstoppable. I really don’t see a weakness. He’s got a top ten QB, 6 top 20 RBs, 4 top 20 WRs, and a top 3 TE. This team would need to regress miraculously to not finish in the top 2.
  2. Michael Stock:
    This team is making all the moves he can to win. He tasted success last season with a first overall regular season ending, but couldn’t over take Ian Charbonnet in the finale, placing second. Boy oh boy is this man going all in. With trades for David Johnson and Travis Kelce, this team is giving up the future for the now. He’s got 2 legit QBs in Watson and Wilson. Gurley in addition to the aforementioned Johnson gives this team a killer 1-2 punch at RB. He’s got solid WRs, and arguably the best TE in the game. The only thing keeping him from the top spot is depth. He’s got a starting lineup that can win every week, but his depth just isn’t the same as Ian Charbonnet’s team.
  3. Paul Miyake:
    WILD CARD BABY! This team has come a long way from being a perennial top 2 pick. If you want to look at how to rebuild, just look at some of the things this team has done. His excellent use of the waivers and valuing youth above all else has brought this team to a whole notha level. Saquon and Mack are a good RB attack. One of his QBS should be good enough each week, he just has to pick the correct one each week. This man’s receiving corps is young and ready to achieve the high potential. Only thing he’s missing is a solid TE, but engram can still be that guy, just has to go out and get it for his wildcard coach.
  4. Garrett Hart:
    Overseas disadvantage what? That won’t be the case for Garrett this year. Kamara and Henry are gonna provide lots of points at RB, Hopkins at WR is enough to carry any team, and he’s got KITTLE baby! This one is short and sweet and to the point, because while there is not much depth, all he needs is a QB and this team is looking all sorts of threatening.
  5. Jon Cook:
    If you want to see scary WRs just look at his duo of OBJ and AB. Holy cow. Both have dropped a bit as far as expectations for the next season, but still gotta fear them. Baker should be cooking up some victories for this team (and the browns too). Speaking of the browns…this team’s success hinges upon the success of the browns. Which, if we were to say that a couple years ago it would be an insult, but times are a changin’. This team just needs RB help badlyyyyy otherwise they would be up a few spots in this ranking.
  6. Andrew Melton:
    I’m giving the last playoff spot to Melton. This team still has the pieces that brought him a championship two years ago, so don’t sleep on him. Aaron Rodgers, Tyreek (BARF), Juju, Dalvin Cook. These guys can’t hurt ya. A lot of success this season will depend on whether melvin plays this season and how long his holdout lasts. It also depends on who wins the starting spot for the niners and how that running back position plays out. McKinnon can put up a ton of points, we’ve seen it, but coming off and injury and being in a crowded backfield, he’s a major question mark for this team.
  7. Alex Johnson:
    Me oh my these running backs are fine! Chubb, McCafe, and Damien Williams should be a fearsome trio throughout the season. Chubb could potentially lose some playing time to hunt when he’s off his 8 game suspension, but if he’s healthy he’ll still have a huge role in that offense. This team should be fine at QB with Goff, Brady, and GOATroppolo, but oh goodness there are some question marks at TE and WR. He’s gonna need people to play out of their minds to make this not a weak spot for this team. He also needs Rudolph to be healthy and dominant, otherwise he’ll need help at TE. This team could be higher, but he needs a lot of people to outplay expectations.
  8. Chasen Rogers:
    The people’s champion. We all love him and for good reason! If only his team were as likable as he is…His QBs certainly are. Mahomes and Wentz are worthy of heart eye emojis and should put up the points to back it up. Fournette is solid, if healthy. Montgomery needs to be solid immediately to lift this team into the playoffs. Njoku and Cook can be really solid TEs, and he only needs one of them to really show up! He’s got a lot of decent WRs, but really need them to produce enough to separate themselves from the crowds of decent WRs in this league. This team is still rebuilding and I think is only a couple years away from being in the contender conversation. He’ll be there someday, trust me.
  9. Ian Amunrud:
    I have never missed the playoffs. However, every other team has been getting better and my team has slowly been looking worse. With the trading of Kelce, this team has entered a bit of a rebuild mode. This team will be back in the top in a few years, but look for this team to continue to be a seller. Luck, Mixon, Cooper, and Green are solid pieces. OJ Howard and 2 rookie TEs show a lot of promise at that position. Allen Robinson and Corey Davis are both high potential guys, but both need to take steps up to lift this team higher. The major weakness is RB for this team. Other than Miller and Mixon, this team has absolutely no one there. This team will maybe not be this low, but I think it will miss the playoffs this year. Don’t @ me.
  10. Andrew Ventura:
    This team finished last last year. Unfortunately the draft just wasn’t a good enough class to push the team higher. The Zeke holdout is scary for this team. Jacobs could jump into the top ten running backs, and help from Michel and Drake make the running back position a bright spot for this team. Other than Allen and Woods, this team needs help at WR. He needs some young guys to really shock and awe! He could do it, anything can happen, but this league is so even. There isn’t much separating the teams out of the top 2. Anyone can move up or down, but someone’s gotta be last, and well, Ventura needs the most help of any team. If Zeke plays all season long, then this team would probably be higher.
1 Like

Last year, Mike’s ratings were 9th, 8th, 5th, and 6th. I put the boy at #2 and he showed up. I was way off with Garrett basically knocking Jon out of the playoffs though. Let’s see how close we can get this year.

1. Ian C – I’m proud of these boys. It’s been fun to go through the ups and downs of building a team and heading into this year, I believe my team is strong. Anything can happen (because sports) and because of this, I look forward to going against the members of the league each week with my best. Also John Brown’s gonna (re-)break out this year. You heard it here first.

2. Mike – I’ve hyped up Mike’s team in preseason rankings year-after-year and here he is making big offseason moves to secure a quality starting lineup. But I have a rule, and that is not to predict Mike to win because he is one of the only members in our league to refuse to follow Hugh Jackman’s posts. This is THE JACKMAN League after all. Can’t have that. This will be a top team though. Either QB can start to great success. Starting RBs of Gurley and David Johnson. Starting WRs of Davante Adams, Mike Evans, and some combo of Goodwin/M. Williams/Kirk. Kelce is elite at TE. All he needs is Cohen or Lindsay to repeat a stellar year for his FLEX spot, and here’s a starting lineup anyone could want to have.

3. Melton – Grandpa Melton skyrocketed to the top of the league two years ago with his title run and JuJu + Tyreek have kept him there. These solid WRs combined with Rodgers and Melvin Gordon keep him competitive week-in and week-out. Yes, I’m assuming Gordon plays the full season. As of now Ingram has a starting role in Baltimore and Dalvin Cook is still oozing with potential. And could Kalen Ballage be the answer in Miami? Wildcard. Don’t forget his WR3 is likely DJ Moore or Robby Anderson (as he waits to see what “Hollywood” Brown becomes). Don’t sleep on this team.

4. Garrett – This team combined with Chasen’s changed the whole course of last year’s playoffs. Can Derrick Henry run over the competition for more than 2 weeks? If so, when combined with Kamara, big weeks can be in store for this team. Sam Darnold is the QB x-factor for this team… WAIT a recent trade means this team has Andrew Luck! I’ve bumped them up accordingly assuming he stays healthy. I had a comment about Haskins, but it’s a bit irrelevant now. Hopkins is one of the premiere talents in the league, but who comes alongside him? Is it rookie AJ Brown? Chris Godwin? DJ Chark? Agholar? Some questions after Hopkins, but that’s now the only week spot in this team’s starting lineup because the TE spot is good-to-go for years to come.

5. Paul – Playoffs last year, playoffs this year in my eyes. Saquon gonna run the table at RB again. Can James White be a top-10 RB again? Maybe Coleman becomes the guy in SF? Tough to say. Stefon Diggs locked as WR1 here. Tyler Boyd casually scored just 10 less points than OBJ last year and got a huge deal in Cinci. Look to see combos of him, Golladay, Alshon, and Lockett with MVS and Parris Campbell waiting in the wings to be starters. If Jameis doesn’t get the big year some analysts think, Big Ben will be fine for another year. I think Evan Engram has a HUGE year with the WR issues in NYG. This team’s heading back to the playoffs baby.

6. Jon – For one of the more interesting teams, one has to ask: where did all the RBs go? He’s got startable QBs and will run the AB & Odell combo for as long as they’ll go (recent AB news bumped this team down last minute). Kupp/Landry/Ridley make for great WR3s and FLEX spots. The story here is the RBs though. From the glory Hunt + Howard days to this. Howard or Sanders will put up points in Philly, but only one will likely be startable on a weekly basis. That means its AP until something changes. This team is banking on Hyde being the guy in KC or Gurley going down in LA, either of which would be a HUGE bump. This team is one RB spot away from making a top-3 run.

7. Ian A – The 2020/21 Pick Store has been selling for the future. Even though he’s selling, he’s still hovering around the playoff spot in my eye. I had him poised as a Top-5 team in my first draft of the rankings, but recent trades have required me to move him down. Did you know this is one of only two teams to make playoffs in all 5 of our years as a league so far? It could happen again, though this is the first year such a placement is in jeaporady. Starting lineup: Luck - I mean Mitch(?) now after the trade? Mixon, L. Miller, Amari, Green, Shepard/Davis/Robinson. Technically downgraded TE, but has one of the most coveted young prospects in OJ Howard. This team has officially announced it’s looking towards the future, but even with the trades of Kelce and Luck, this team can make waves now.

8. Chasen – All boarding the Mahomes train! Also the Wentz train. After that, it’s kind of a mystery. Decent players all around, but waiting for that stud. Should have been Fournette, but injuries and issues with the team have broken that down a bit. David Montgomery could be the big rookie RB breakout in 2019. Every other RB is either 2nd+ on the depth chart or in a time-share. As for receivers, Edelman may be the guy for this team this year. Investments in rookie WRs Arcega-Whiteside and Metcalf may pay off in the future, but for now this is a weak spot for the team. Marvin Jones is underrated, as is Sanders, but the weekly reliability without Doug Baldwin may be hard to find.

9. Alex – CMC and Nick Chubb running the show here. If Damien Williams is the KC guy this year, this team could be playoff bound, I’m just not sure I can picture Williams going the whole year as the main guy. Adam Thielen is the only “main” WR on this team. If something happens to Tyreek Hill with the league (not likely at this point) Mecole Hardman becomes an intriguing draft pick. Similarly, one has to wonder how fast N’Keal Harry picks up the NFL. We may not see him making a big spash in New England until 2020+. QBs on this team are fine, no concerns there.

10. Ventura – Zeke, Josh Jacobs, and Sony. How can I have this team last? Because, like the above team, WR is a huge question mark. Keenan Allen, Robert Woods and who? Dede? Parker? Keke? Lil’Jordan? Brees and Rivers still have some years, and Kyler could be a stud for all we know. This team is trending up after drafting Jacobs and Murray, but I think it’s going to take 1 WR to step up and either Sony to be healthy or Kenyan Drake getting a featured role for this team to be playoff bound. Zeke holdout news isn’t helping the cause. But hey, they’ve got Lil’Jordan and Keke.

1 Like
  1. Ian C - How can this guy not be #1? Weakest position is probably QB, in which he had two of top ten QBs in 2018 and a promising rookie who had won the Heisman. A youth movement at RB will be interesting to watch (see 2018 playoffs), but this time remains the best in the league.

2. Mike S - Gifted QBs who can also run to score TDs, a solid stable of quality players at the precious RB position, and two top young WRs in Evans and Adams with some decent depth there, Mike is primed for a repeat run for the 'ship unless it falls apart like in years past.

3. Paul M - Jameis and Roethlisberger are quality starters at QB (Daniel Jones going to beat them out for the top spot by end of the year though, guaranteed). Great RB depth with Mack, Saquan, Coleman, and White. We also have some great WRs like Diggs, Alshon, Golladay and Boyd. I really like this time’s odds to stick with it and grind through the season to get into the playoffs. And once you’re there, wildcard baby, nobody knows what can happen.

4. Garrett H - He has found his QB in Mr. Luck. Searching for a starter since Peyton left on top in Super Bowl 50, a trade brings him a QB to bring a stud to this binominal team - studs like Kamara, Kittle and Hopkins will start alongside questionable talent like Agholor/Garcon/Washington/Duke Jr. A playoff push last year showed this team has what it takes to remain a contender.

5. Amunrud - Despite selling off some major assets, this team has a good starting lineup. Trubisky or Stafford/Mixon/Miller/A Cooper/A Robinson/AJ Green/C Davis/OJ Howard or insert rookie Iowa TE is a lineup that can certainly win some matchups. Watch this ranking rise after some major rebuilding efforts.

6. Melton - Solid pair of starting RBs in Gordon and Cook, but without handcuffs for his starters (who are recovering from injury and holding out) and his stud from last year Ingram signing with an offense with a running QB, returning its top young runner, and adding another in the 4th round of the draft, the RB position is fragile. Good thing he has QB and WR covered with Rodgers/Cousins and Hill/Juju/DJ Moore with some potential in Deebo and Marqise Brown. TE looks a bit weak.

7. Cook - With 6 rookie RBs on the roster, this team has invested in its weakest position. If he can get 2 starting RBs out of the 19 on his roster, this team can make the playoffs and maybe hoist the Jackman another time. Newton and Mayfield are quality starters to stream, and the Beckham Brown combo is deadly, backed up by youth in Kupp and Ridley who have made impacts already.

8. Johnson - CMC and Chubb are great RBs, Williams may not last with Hyde/Thompson now on the scene, and the starting WR 3 might be okay with Tate (suspended), Thielen, and Tre’Quan (I guess). Brady is GOAT, so QB is safe, and one of those 7 TEs can play (well not the retired one)

9. Ventura - Breezus and Rivers are old, but they still got it. Kanye Drake and Zeke be laying down them beats (ouch) alongside Michel for quality RB. Allen is a top WR if he can remain healthy, Enunwa, Parker, and Woods are under-rated support. With good lineup decisions, this team could luck its way into the playoffs.

10. Rogers - Man, I hope I’m wrong here. Freeman, Hines, Harris and Montgomery are promising young RBs which this team badly needs, as Martin is out of a choice role in Oakland and Lenny needs to get his act together. I like Edelman, Jones Jr, Jackson, and Fitzgerald, but can these old guys last through the season? If not, it’ll be Mahomes, Wentz, Metcalf, JJ, and Pettis and those RBs leading a youth revolution for the People’s Champion.